Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email re-directing

Options
  • 13-06-2008 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭

Iv just started a website and have set up the email re-direct where by email sent to the info@domainname(dot)com gets sent to my personal email account.
    However I cant figure out how to go replying to emails or send emails so as to make it look like its coming from info@domainname(dot)com
    Can anyone help?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

What you have to do is set up your website mail
    on an email client like Thunderbird or Outlook and recieve your email there
    without redirects.
    I have it set up that on the one email client which can take in emails from my 3 personal email addresses and my website ones. When replying I can choose which account to send them from.

If you need help setting up your client just give us a shout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭Bren_M.Records

Hi King,

I downloaded thunderbird but havnt been able to set it up properly.
    Im going to uninstall it and try again from scratch, I'll let you know if I can get it working.

Cheers.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭Bren_M.Records

Im getting a "failed to connect to server POP" messege whatver that means.
    Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Best thing to do is ring your webhost or look on their support section on their website. They will almost certainly have the correct login details for accessing your email.

Usually it's...

Incoming server: mail.yourdomain.com

Outgoing server: mail.yourdomain.com

Port: 110

Make sure your login details are correct too.

Advertisement