Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help i think i wiped my laptop??

Options
  • 13-06-2008 1:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

dont know if i ahve this posted in the right place sorry if i dont, but...........

i turned on my laptop today at work to find the whole lot of my files had been deleted even like all my desktop shortcus. msn messenger, my pictures/music, had all been removed?? even the desktop back ground is different, its like how it was wen i fist bought it, really empty and no files on it or downloaded on to it???

anyone know how this would of happened and iv tried turning it on and off a few times still the same wen i turn it back on? but wen i start it up i get this new pop up saying it colid not load the "susan" profile??? its like i hit restart or something everything has ben wiped.....?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It sounds like it's a problem with your user profile.

Start it up and go to C:\Documents and settings. Is there a profile there with temp in the name? If so go to C:\Documents and settings\Profile name (seems to be susan)\My Documents. Are all your files there? If they are copy them to a new folder on the c: drive. Then just go to control panel > user accounts > create new account. Then create an account and give it whatever name you like.

Copy all the stuff that you copied to the c: drive and put it into the my documents folder of this new account.

Advertisement