Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Advice Wanted] Finding it impossible to find accommodation near UCC

Options
  • 12-06-2008 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

Right, is it just me or what? I'm finding it impossible to find accommodation anywhere near UCC for the academic year next year, i.e. Sept on.

I've been trying the UCC accom website, daft.ie and just asking around. Is it because we are a group of 3 fella's? Its happened a few times now that we have arranged a viewing, only for the landlord/lady to give away the house before we get to see it!

Anyone have any advice for me on how to find a suitable house for three 2nd year male students? Sharing with others wouldn't be a problem, although 3 bed house preferable! I've been looking since April, it's killing me!:pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Ya theres a serious shortage of accomodation at UCC, I had to book Victoria Lodge way back in early february and soon after everywhere was booked out.

Well if your still stuck in August im sure there'll be cancelations

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

1huge1 wrote: »
    Ya theres a serious shortage of accomodation at UCC, I had to book Victoria Lodge way back in early february and soon after everywhere was booked out.

i did the same but a load of people i know couldn't get in anywhere when they applied over easter. there should be some openings after the offers- some people mightn't get places or might have changed their minds on their course or something. last year my friend didn't get his first choice and ended up going to cork. he got accommodation easily enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭alancork

Got a house on Magazine Road.. it's all good in the hood!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭filo87

did you manage to get a 3-bed or are you sharing with others?do you mind me asking what rent your landlord is gonna charge?i'm looking for accommodation in the same area myself and i'm not sure what to expect rent wise!

Ya, its a 3 bed, €90 a week each.. that's one of the cheapest I've seen tho, most others we were looking at were 95 or 100. It doesn't include bills though:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭filo87

that's really good because according to the UCC accomm office it's €96 a week for a single room!

Ah ya.. But look around Limerick,houses near UL are only like €60 a week!!:eek: Still, can't wait to move out now:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Kidd-o

if no one minds a 10 minute stroll to college, the houses near nancys down the wee ally and on quaker rd are 80ish a week, mine was 83 a week on Green St. and my brother had 65 a week on quaker rd...

10 minutes isnt much you wouldnt even notice

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

giggii wrote: »
    i did the same but a load of people i know couldn't get in anywhere when they applied over easter. there should be some openings after the offers- some people mightn't get places or might have changed their minds on their course or something. last year my friend didn't get his first choice and ended up going to cork. he got accommodation easily enough.
    I hope thats the case everywhere because theres a good chance I could end up in UCD

• Registered Users Posts: 78,267 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Eh, Quaker Road at 2km from College Road is a lot further than Green Street.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Kidd-o

its not that far is it?? i stayed with my brother there before i found somewhere to stay and i didnt think it was that long!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 new2shooting

Help i just got my place in UCC arts ( i thought i was going to UCD), so i m moving down to cork sometime in the next 4 weeks problem is at the moment i have no where to move to, most of the student accomadation is booked up and the only free ones are the really expensive ones and all the houses i can find i would need other ppl to share it with (any takers?) and nearly all the houses only have a 12 month lease i only want a 9 month one HELP!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 cathalosullivan

we have a free room available in our gaf. you would have a choice of either a downstairs double room or an upstairs single room. its a really nice house located less than 5mins from ucc and its only across the road from the health sciences building in brookfield which would help if our a medical student. rent is 110€ a week plus bills but the house is really nice with a garden out the back. you would be living with four 2nd year students

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement