Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New start page since printer driver install

Options
  • 12-06-2008 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭

Hello there,

I have a new printer. It's the HP Photosmart 5100C.
    After installing the driver my firefox browser has decided to start every session with the Hp shop page. The start page in the firefox settings has not changed. And the effect doesn't occur in IE.
    I set the start page to blank and it still loads up the HP shop.

Any ideas how I get rid of this annoying behaviour?

Cheers,
    mC.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

meowCat wrote: »
    Hello there,

I have a new printer. It's the HP Photosmart 5100C.
    After installing the driver my firefox browser has decided to start every session with the Hp shop page. The start page in the firefox settings has not changed. And the effect doesn't occur in IE.
    I set the start page to blank and it still loads up the HP shop.

Any ideas how I get rid of this annoying behaviour?

Cheers,
    mC.

Did you try setting it to google.ie instead of "blank"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Is Firefox set to save your pages on closing? If you change the page and restart the browser are you still looking at the HP page?

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

Hello,

thanks for your replies.
    Yes, I have tried both. Still am being redirected to the hp store :(

I also find that it uses the correct start page if I start Firefox in safe mode.

Advertisement