Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daniel Negreanu New Training Site

Options
  • 12-06-2008 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭

I've been looking at a few of the sample videos on the site and I really like the method of teaching and the way it expands on some concepts that I didn't really understand fully.

Anyone any opinions/signed up to it?

http://www.pokervt.com/preview/index.cfm?id=UJCMEEzQTl

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

As much as I like DN I really dislike a lot of his advice.

How well is he doing himself online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

NickyOD wrote: »
    As much as I like DN I really dislike a lot of his advice.

How well is he doing himself online?
    displaygraphjz7.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭RedJoker

I just watched the previews.

The concepts seemed o.k. and well done but Daniel really needs to put his hands down.

The live hand analysis is awful because the players misplay every street, which is handy for Daniel because he can point it all out, but it means there's no useful advice for anybody who knows not to limp call QJo UTG.

The online stuff is dreadful, I couldn't get to the end of either of them. No useful advice, thought process or content. I don't know who did the first one but he basically just commentated on the action and talked crap and Daniel started mumbling whenever he had a decision.

The maths stuff they showed is completely pointless and irrelevant. Maybe they show some practical use for it in later videos.

From what I've heard there's not enough content there yet to make it worth considering for at least a few months. There's far better alternatives for the same price or cheaper. The site doesn't seem to be designed for the type of people who read poker forums, it looks like it's designed for live players and will probably be marketed towards them.

The layout is very nice and done far better then any of it's competitors. I heard that they break up the videos like pokersavvy do, which is probably a slight inconvenience.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Yea, even his welcome message shows exactly what kind of clientel they are after.

"come hand out with me inside...."

It's slickly done in presentation style but certaintly looks to be lacking the content of some of the other training sites.
    I would be interesting to see What Annette Obsteradt has to say though.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Headspace

Theres a new training site opening very soon with Genius28, Patrick Antonius and more proven online winners, If these guys can explain themselves correctly it will be a great site. With these two alone people will flock to the site

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

Headspace wrote: »
    Theres a new training site opening very soon with Genius28, Patrik Antonius and more proven online winners, If these guys can explain themselves correctly it will be a great site. With these two alone people will flock to the site

This i cant wait for, im sure even cardrunners themselves will subscribe to a P.A instructional demo

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Headspace wrote: »
    Theres a new training site opening very soon with Genius28, Patrick Antonius and more proven online winners, If these guys can explain themselves correctly it will be a great site. With these two alone people will flock to the site

It seemed like it would be hard for a new site to enter the market but this line up is unreal. A site with just Lee and PA would be good enough to persuade a lot of people to sign up. PAs HU challenge to the online crowd would make a great video for this.

Advertisement