Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how was science?

Options
  • 12-06-2008 11:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

Its over :).
    How do you think you did?
    I thought it was way easier than the mocks,
    I think i got an A/B

Oh did the mananese thing on the combustion spoon turn the red litmus paper blue or the blue litmus paper red?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

it was okay...what did you for a liquid and solid and for the last q on the paper

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

Science is my best subject i love it and i found that paper a lot harder than the mocks, some of the questions were very sneakily worded and confusing!! And some questions werent on the course i mean very few people actually know what the national voltage is...!! I dont anyway!
    Some of it was the opposite, straight forward simple.
    Im RAGING preparation of oxygen didnt come up. RAGING! :mad: Im hoping for an A anyway!

Other thoughts ppl?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 UpYeBoyo

I said Blue! I think I may have gotten an A but I would be over the moon with a B! Ionly have stupid religion left and the home ec tomorrow! Then its drunk time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 UpYeBoyo

Preparation of CO2 came up so no worries!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭TransititionMan

I never studied as much a planned like and i went into the exam hanging tired cos i hd no sleep at all last night but i thoght most of the paper was easy enough and im hoping for an a or a b like (mostly the A though) slightly peeved that things i studied last night never came up and there was a few questions wich bedazzled me but overall i thought it was good =]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 maria18593

aine92 wrote: »
    Science is my best subject i love it and i found that paper a lot harder than the mocks, some of the questions were very sneakily worded and confusing!! And some questions werent on the course i mean very few people actually know what the national voltage is...!! I dont anyway!
    Some of it was the opposite, straight forward simple.
    Im RAGING preparation of oxygen didnt come up. RAGING! :mad: Im hoping for an A anyway!

Other thoughts ppl?

ye i spent so long learning those stupid chemical equations!!
    ahh...it was ok though!
    we a;ready had 35% done anyway!

oh...
    liquid: hydrochloric acid
    Substance: calcium carbonate
    ...thats what wrote down newy!x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 shantow

would u get the marks for saying marble chips???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 maria18593

shantow wrote: »

sure...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

shantow wrote: »

Thats what i said. Marble chips, i'm sure its right, its the same thing sure.

I thought the paper was difficult and like someone said, the questions weren't worded very clearly. For example for the question on the kidneys and the renal vein and artery, i thought that both the questions there asked the same thing pretty much. Like someone else said, chemical equations i had learned off, not one came up. I thought however the question on the national voltage was great! Thats putting science to use which is why i love science, you can actually apply it to everyday things. Its 240 volts and in america its 120 volts. I wish they had more questions like that and made the course more like linking science to everyday useful things. This years paper was different to part years though, oxygen came up alright but was only a very short question. Overall i think it was a 'challenging' paper!

Posted via Mobile Device

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭conorod

Marble chips are the same thing and you get full marks in JC for writing it down, I know because we asked our teacher about it when doing the chemistry project.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 moe-julligan

overall i enjoyed this paper...not many experiments came up dou...thank god..one more exam left!!yes

I put Marble Chips and CaCO3 :P
    just to be safe =] nearly finished =] =] =]
    2 crappy exams to go!
    Damn practical subjects >:(

overall i enjoyed this paper...not many experiments came up dou...thank god..one more exam left!!yes

I like science, but i don't think i'll ever 'enjoy' an exam, fair play! :)

Posted via Mobile Device

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 HughOS

I thought it was a great paper. Practically no plant biology thank god. The Chemistry and Physics parts were my best ones. The questions were good, broad and they covered most of the course.

Oh and the magnesium burned in air will turn red litmus blue and make blue stay the same since it's basic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Cow Moolester

Its 240 volts and in america its 120 volts.

Posted via Mobile Device

the voltage in Ireland is 230 volts! :)

I thought the paper was ok. The mocks were easier and no chemical equation came up which I studied for :(

As was said above, the way questions were worded differently was confusing. I'd say I got a B

I wanted plant stuff!!
    The only thing i never wanted was th damn xylem anh phoelem stuff and low and behold... they came up... just my luck.
    I studied all the tropisms and stuff.
    Got mixed up between the iris and the pupil ...
    forgot what alternating current is... (i know now though as soon as i walked out of the room :S)
    Isotopes dazzled me but i made a random guess i tink i done an ion though
    and there was another few little things that confused me...
    Btw is the law of the lever: Where the weight times by the distance from fulcrum on the right hand side must be equal to the wieght times the distance from fulcrum on the left hand side in order for it to balance...?
    Merci beacoup. =]

Oh yes i was also greatly peeved when no food experiment came up apart from the starch thingy which was very easy btw and that no proper tests came up... apart from the small thing on carbon dioxide and limewater.

Law of the lever states that if a lever is balanced, the sum of the clockwise moments is equal to the sum of the anti-clockwise moments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

Ahhh ill probly get a point or two from it anyways :P

the voltage in Ireland is 230 volts! :)

Take a look at a plug ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

HughOS wrote: »

Oh and the magnesium burned in air will turn red litmus blue and make blue stay the same since it's basic.

Oh thank god I changed it at the last minute!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

HughOS wrote: »
    I thought it was a great paper. Practically no plant biology thank god. The Chemistry and Physics parts were my best ones. The questions were good, broad and they covered most of the course.

god dammit i said the other way around :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

Take a look at a plug ;)

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/consumer-affairs/energy-and-water-services/electricity_services_in_ireland
    The standard electricity voltage in the Republic of Ireland is 230V a.c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Ah, Junior Cert science*wipes away tear*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 S h a n e

Science was way easier than i had expected.. I was sitting here Wednesday night dreading it and by 12 Thursday i was relieved! :D

Advertisement