Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wayne Rooney and Coleen McLoughlin Wedding

Options
  • 12-06-2008 11:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭

Source: The Sun
    WAYNE ROONEYand sweetheart COLEEN McLOUGHLIN are to tie the knot in a £3million BUTTERFLY-THEMED wedding at a former Italian monastery.
    Fifty guests at the breath-taking clifftop abbey — visible only from the sea — will each be given a hand-made box tied with a ribbon and containing a live butterfly.

All will then open the containers at the same time before watching the creatures flutter away.
    A source said: “The butterfly release will make everyone gasp with amazement. It’s a beautiful sight, the day is going to be magical. They’ve chosen the Riviera’s most picturesque spot.”
    England ace Wayne, 22, and his bride-to-be have hired the national monument of La Cervara for two days of celebrations surrounding the June 14 wedding.

The butterfly theme was inspired by the rare Two-Tailed Pasha species which feeds on local trees.
    Coleen is said to have chosen butterflies to symbolise her love and their years growing up together since their teens.
    The source said: “Releasing the butterflies symbolises the freedom to be their own people within marriage.
    “Coleen’s keen to still be seen as successful in her own right after the wedding.”
    The Merseyside couple will fly out Coleen’s mum’s parish priest from Croxteth to perform a blessing in a monastery chapel. The church does not have papal permission as a wedding venue for a Catholic ceremony. So Wayne and Coleen, 22, will wed at a civil service in Cheshire a week earlier.

The abbey, nestled on a hilltop between Portofino and Santa Margherita and founded in 1381 by Benedictine monks, was used for ROD STEWART's wedding.
    Guests will enjoy a pre-wedding meal there the day before the bash — and eat personalised Love Hearts sweets made for the wedding. After the ceremony, they will dine on a terrace then celebrate on a yacht.

They have struck a £2.5million deal for world rights to their wedding

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

77001bf7de55b87f2d4f643da1832861.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Wayne Rooney has managed to persuade Westlife (with lots of cash) to perform at his wedding to Coleen McLoughlin. Apparently Westlife are Coleen's favourite band and she was very upset when they couldn't make it to her 21st Birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,009 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Mr & Mrs Potato-head. They could set up their own chain of chippers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

This may well be the chav equilivant of the marraige of Prince Charles and Lady Diana back in 1981?

Hopefully there is a fatal car crash in Wayne and Waynetta's future as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Pigman II wrote: »
    This may well be the chav equilivant of the marraige of Prince Charles and Lady Diana back in 1981?

Give it a rest Pigman. Any more crap like that will result in a ban.

• Advertisement

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/1506_rooney.shtml

matching wedding rings worth a staggering £250k plus

Source Yahoo news
    Wayne Rooney has revealed he wants four children with his new bride.The England football star and his former teenage sweetheart tied-the-knot on the Italian Riviera amid tight security last week.
    Wayne and Coleen were paid a reported £2.5 million by OK! for exclusive access to the big day, details of which were published in the magazine on Monday.The football star, 22, told OK! he was "choked" with emotion when he first caught sight of his bride at the ceremony.
    Coleen, also 22, wept as she told her footballer husband: "I do".
    Wayne ended his vows with: "Coleen, you make me so happy. I love you so much."
    The magazine said that Coleen wrote a poem for her father, which was recorded and played through a loudspeaker, in which she said she will always be a "daddy's girl".
    Asked what he was most looking forward to about being married, he said: "For me it's that we can think about starting a family." He added: "I'd like three or four."
    Wayne told how he had a "feeling" he wanted to marry Coleen from the minute he first set eyes on her.
    The couple's spokesman has dismissed reports that the marriage could be void because it took place on deconsecrated grounds.

4 little shreks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

I know everybody slags them but to be honest isnt it nice they are still together and are nnow marries.They knew each other before Wayne got famos and rich.Fair balls to him for sticking to thesame girl[apart from his little mistake]so at least he knows shes not just with him for the money.I wish them all the best

marti101 wrote: »
    I know everybody slags them but to be honest isnt it nice they are still together and are nnow marries.They knew each other before Wayne got famos and rich.Fair balls to him for sticking to thesame girl[apart from his little mistake]so at least he knows shes not just with him for the money.I wish them all the best

She is probably worth more than him now

But yes she stayed with him after his granny sex sessions

JP Liz wrote: »
    Source Yahoo news

4 little shreks

Yeh, I can see that. Also, whilst all of the other wags and celebrities launch their own ranges of perfume and high fashion goods, the Rooneys can launch their own range of paper-bags.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭iwudluvit

Pigman II wrote: »

charles is alive and well so that makes no sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Wayne recently refered to himself as ' a simple ordinary catholic boy '' .Well there arent to many ordinary catholic boys who can spend £5 million on a wedding .Sadly the same newspapers and magazines that build them now up will no doubt be looking for another big pay out news story when the report of the ' marriage break up ' hits the news ,no doubt fuled by the intrusion of the papparazzi into their private lives .

Now is it 1 or 2 million for the Hello shoot ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

Did he do something to inspire such schoolyard venom? No, he just doesn't look like David Beckham. Some people need to grow up

Driver 8 wrote: »
    Did he do something to inspire such schoolyard venom? No, he just doesn't look like David Beckham. Some people need to grow up

That's showbiz for you!

Advertisement