Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rusty Returns!

Options
  • 12-06-2008 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭

Don't know if any of you remember the pic of my dog i posted up recently - I bring him to work every day and this morning i went out to put my kittens in the car and went back in to get him and he must of run out while my back was turned.... totally my fault.. i'm an idiot!

Here he is again! - Upper Rathmines area - red collar, will go to anyone, he is so affectionate!

http://i26.tinypic.com/23v10k5.jpg

I have been in touch with Robert the pet detective, and he is actually at the airport, fingers crossed for the cat, but he is sending someone down to me! If anyone sees him please let me know.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Stick a notice with a photo up in Rathmines Post Office, Rathmines Garda Station and the Tesco in between them, not to mention the Aldi and the library, and you should cover most of the people there. (And schools, too.)

Where do you live, Jules? Have you patrolled where you normally take walks?

Is Rusty entire - would he have gone girl-hunting?

If so, go out at dog-walking times and ask every dog-walker you meet (and give them a copy of your notice) if they know of anyone locally with a bitch on heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Have gone door to door this morning, he was just gone, i think he might of been taken in by someone, literally one minute there the next minute not.. I live in cowper village. Normally juast take him around the block as he is in work wilth me all day and is running about all the time. He is neutered so no girl hunting, Anti is doing up posters for mebut i have been walking and driving around and i just dont understand how he could of gone so quickly!

A dog can go in a flash - either by being taken or by running off to make friends and getting lost.

Do contact Rathmines gardai - they do lots of foot patrols, and even have some bike gardai who cover a lot of ground, including many dog-walking parks.

I hope the pet detective can help, too.

Hey, you're not an idiot, your attention just strayed for a moment, and hopefully that's all your dog will stray for too. Is he chipped?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Nope. he isn't chipped or insured.

Just to let you know rusty is back. Ill let jules fil you in on how.

• Advertisement

I was out driving around this morning and i saw a postman so i stopped and asked him if he had seen a dog like rusty and he said he would keep an eye out. I was down at the shop printing off posters and i got a call from my neighbour to say that a guy from the language school in rathmines had found him and that he had stopped and asked a post man if he knew anyone who had lost a dog. And he gave him my address and he brought him down to the house. My neighbour saw him and took the dog off him and rang me!!!!!

He is curled up in his bed now and he is pooped! - he is being microchipped and insured and tagged today!

Thanks Luckat! for everything

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

Glad you go him back - I live in Rathmines and was about to go out and look for him!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I love happy endings :)
    Lots of hugs in store for that little guy I'm sure.

Brilliant! Two big boxes of chocs for the postman and the language school man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Excellent Jules, great news.

Just wondering, why were you so quick to go down copying posters if he only went missing this morning?

Has the little fella a habit of it? If not, fair play on the quick searching.

• Advertisement

He has never done that before, and will not get the chance to do it again! The area has a lot of houses and cars and, my stupidity i didnt have a tag on him but getting one today! Thanks for the thought UB. and yes Lots of hugs and stuff, then we will have a serious chat about not calling home when we go out!

he is totally pooped out!

He has never done that before, and will not get the chance to do it again! The area has a lot of houses and cars and, my stupidity i didnt have a tag on him but getting one today! Thanks for the thought UB. and yes Lots of hugs and stuff, then we will have a serious chat about not calling home when we go out!

he is totally pooped out!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Niall06

Great news, fair play to the postman and the language school man.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

Little monster - fast asleep now after giving you a big shock :)

Once you've microchipped him make sure you register the chip with both Animark and Fido.ie - there have been reported problems with the Animark system apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Did you get to thank the Language school man and postman? Brilliant you got him back :)

She didn't get a chance. But ill make sure we get them both a thank you card and a bottle of whiskey or somehting. Kinda restores your faith in humanity in a quirky kind of way.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭sunshine rose

Fantastic news on the return of Rusty. Heres another all to rare story of human kindness.

http://www.pugs.nl/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1559

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Anti wrote: »
    She didn't get a chance. But ill make sure we get them both a thank you card and a bottle of whiskey or somehting. Kinda restores your faith in humanity in a quirky kind of way.

Definitely :) Someone found our Lab last year and I think he got fed up of us after a while, we bombarded him with presents lol. Was so grateful to him though, best feeling in the world when you get your baby back :)

Advertisement