Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lots of slots

Options
  • 12-06-2008 9:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭

I've been hiding away here for a few weeks, not posting, just watching what's going on.
    Memories of the Atari ST, 800XL Amiga 500 & 600 and then 1200.
    Tapes,5 1/4" floppies and visits to Dublin to play retro games like centipede,pacman and Galactika.

Now what seems not to get too much of a mention are Fruit machines and Slot machines.

I'm not sure about you guys, but I remember growing up at the different holiday locations around Ireland, places like Salt hill, Kilkee, courtown. Ahh courtown, many a night spent near the harbour playing the Barcrest fruit machine or up at the carnaval the other end of town playing the star wars game or playing the penny slots.

So, Anyone like slots at all. From reading some other post's some people really do not like them. Me however, I love them. so much so that my collection has grown from one broken (in need of a lot of TLC) machine to over 6. All currently been refurbished in one way or another, 3 are now functioning.

So, what do YOU remember about the slots of old, any pictures? fond memories, or trips to rehab for your gambling addiction.

tell ALL,

Robbie
    :cool:

Do you like Slot machnes? 3 votes

Yes, but I don't play them any more
    0% 0 votes
    No, they are dirty and attract scum
    33% 1 vote
    Yes, Viva Las Vegas !!
    33% 1 vote
    Whats a slot machine?
    33% 1 vote

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Cardshark9

hi mate,i am actually a professional friut machine player myself.
    My name is ROB from SCOTLAND, and i need assistance here mate!!
    Do u have fruit machines in pubs/bookies in Southern Ireland then??
    let me know anyway ok mate! thx respect cya later!! ROB:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭RobbieMc

Hi Rob,

I've seen you around the forum, you trying to "empty" a few machines then !;)
    I believe there are a few around the country in pubs and chippers, but not in bookies, at least not yet.

Good luck,
    Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Hi Rob,
    Is it hard to get the old sytle machines - you know the old one-armed bandit types?
    I'd love to get one for my games room.

PM sent to you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Cardshark9

thanks for the reply mate! so do u know main area's with machines in them like arcades n that??
    if u can provide some that be appreciated! cya later!

• Advertisement

Cardshark9 wrote: »
    thanks for the reply mate! so do u know main area's with machines in them like arcades n that??
    if u can provide some that be appreciated! cya later!

Hi Rob,

PM me and we can talk ;)

Having slot machines is fun, bells ringing on hiting a jackpot. Recently I've expanded my collection to now include Fruit machines.
    At present I have 4 machines. One Maygay " Duff Beer guide", one Red Gaming " Jewel Strike" and two Barcrest " Cash,Bang,Wallop and REady to rock", The red gaming and barcrest are the same cabinet and style game with differect features.

I'm always on the hunt for new additions, Now going to need a big shed to put everything into, any adeas?

Later,
    Robbie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 micro097

was a big fan in the early to late 90s spent a fair few pound on them but it was so much fun i still hope some day i can set up a bar like room in my house set with bar (of course) slots pool table junk box and pin ball machine.

well thats the dream

the giggler

micro

p.s. you might like these sites when the inter first came avaible to me it was one of the 1st things i checked up http://www.selectamuse.co.uk/stock_list.html

www.barcrest-cheats.webeden.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Hi
    im interested in getting a one armed bandit for home use (office) are there any suppliers in ireland?

im looking for the hand pull models not the push button.

cheers

Shelflife wrote: »
    Hi
    im interested in getting a one armed bandit for home use (office) are there any suppliers in ireland?

im looking for the hand pull models not the push button.

cheers

Hi Shelflife,
    Yeah, there are suppliers in Ireland, for new machines that'll cost a fortune and they only sell the new models that have the handle disconnected or no handle.
    What you need is an older model thats been re-conditioned. I have a few if your interested. Bally 5000, different games. Holds credits and has the handle that works.

PM me,

Robbie

• Advertisement
Advertisement