Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Wireless Modem - Internet Slow

Options
  • 11-06-2008 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions with the following problem.

I recently bought a new Wireless Modem Router (Zyxel). I've been able to connect to my laptop perfectly but I've found internet browsing to be extremely slow; particularly streaming videos, downloads, etc. I'm on a BT 2MB package and all the Speed Tests I've run tell me that I'm getting in or around 1.75MB download speeds which is pretty much what I always got.

I didn't get the the modem directly from BT so I was wondering if there are any settings in the Modem that need to be changed that would address the slow internet connections? I've checked the manual but there's nothing obvious and I'm a bit or a novice where these things are concerned.

Any help much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭allybhoy

If you have copied all your settings across and tried connecting to your new router directly using a cable (to rule out a wireless issue) I would take a guess and say its possibly your MTU or MRU, (Maximum Transmittable Unit). Have a search in the manual for both routers to find out where they are. If you cant find an old one try something like 1350 and see if that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Chopper Dave

Thanks allybhoy - I'll give that a try

Advertisement