Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I control my Processes...

Options
  • 11-06-2008 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

How do I control my Processes, I believe there are way too many running, slowing down my computers performance rate! How do I know which ones I can end and which ones I need for my computer to operate successfully? Obviously I know firefox is firefox..etc

These are my large amount of processes that are running

untitled-3.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

34 isn't that much really. I have 60 processes running right now on my laptop. Desktop has around 43 with no apps open.

Most of those look like necessary processes except google toolbar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 botbotbot

Anything by SYSTEM requires uninstalling of a system service to kill, like Punk Buster (PnkBstr), but even doing that you'll only clear out about 4 or 5.

No need to worry about processes unless they really get out of hand though, and you seem to have just over the bare minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

Roger that!:D cheers

Advertisement