Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looks like Unum is really hiring

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

I'm sorry if this comes across as smartassed but, what's with the title "Looks like Unum are really hiring" ??

Did you think the ads were put up for a laugh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭nagero

Mr Maher stated that 18 people have been employed by Unum to date operating from their temporary premises at Carlow Gateway Business Centre, with 28 more candidates in the process.

From last week's nationalist.
    http://www.carlow-nationalist.ie/news/story/?trs=mheycwojsn

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

The title is a tad misleading, but I got over it, guess Im less briory than others!

It is interesting that they have people on board already, I wasnt even aware there were offices built. Are these offices on site?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭sas

It is interesting that they have people on board already, I wasnt even aware there were offices built. Are these offices on site?

They are in temporary offices on the athy road. They are interviewing alot of candidates from the open days at the moment. A fair few graduates also I believe.

sas wrote: »
    They are in temporary offices on the athy road. They are interviewing alot of candidates from the open days at the moment. A fair few graduates also I believe.

Ok, think I know where they are now that I think about it, next to the sugar factory?

• Advertisement

Ok, think I know where they are now that I think about it, next to the sugar factory?

Don't know carlow that well. Its on the right hand side somewhere between 500m and 1k from the athy roundabout in a single storey building. They have a big UNUM sign on the entrance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭nagero

Opposite the sugar factory entrance.

Microsoft Virtual Earth view

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Are you applying? ;)

testicle wrote: »
    Are you applying? ;)

I was merely enquiring as to where these offices are located. As a Carlow native Im interested to hear about local prosperity and the development of the county, unlike blow ins like you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

I was merely enquiring as to where these offices are located. As a Carlow native Im interested to hear about local prosperity and the development of the county, unlike blow ins like you!
    i am the same, on a side note tho, if any one sees some part time work with a weekly pay check give me a shout, what do unum do?
    my net isnt working good today

• Advertisement

insurance and the like.

as in.... life and disability.. not motor and home

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭xual

I went for an interview but the pay is crap.. Even for carlow After 8 years a senior software engineer should be worth more than 40,000..

I've no kids or mortgage so abroad in hunt of the cash would be a better deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kamac

I was offered a Senior Software Engineer I position with Unum, I have 8 years experience, and I was offered a a lot more than €40K.

I assume that the amount that you were offered has more to do with your experience, than the position itself.

Kamac wrote: »
    I was offered a Senior Software Engineer I position with Unum, I have 8 years experience, and I was offered a a lot more than €40K.

I assume that the amount that you were offered has more to do with your experience, than the position itself.

You joining them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kamac

There's a good chance, I'll have to see how my current job pans out.
    But it's certainly an area I'd like to live/commute in.

I want to join their Comms team :(

Advertisement