Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grief by Jack B.Yeats

Options
  • 11-06-2008 7:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

HELLO! I really need a picture of grief by jack b yeats for art tomorrow :\ it's part of my appreciation answer and for the life of me I can't find an image of in it in any of my books or on the internet!
    Does ANYONE have a picture of it please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

Is that that painting with the guy bent over with his head in his hand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

Is that that painting with the guy bent over with his head in his hand?

maybe...maybe not!! i really don't know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 rachelmcg1989

jeez cant u google!

its its one of his later paintings i believe, almost expressionist, uses the impetuo(sp) techinique of puttin oil paint straight onto canvas from tube, vivid brush strokes, hard to make out what is going on becsue it is abstract and he never explained his paintings, but 3 figures in foreground, one old old man bending down with hands over face, seems to be bleeding, a woman bends down to a child, who also seems to be bleeding. might be in a housing estate, looks like soldiers on left hand side, fire, vivid colour, he lived through many war times....
    one of his most famous paintings, marks turning point in hs art etc etc etc
    i cant find a pic,
    hope it helps

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

I have looked for it on google yahoo and hotmail search engines for you.I'm sorry but i can't find anything .Sorry:(

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Snake Pliisken

Its a mess, do One for the Road instead.

Thats simple.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

The only one I could find, even though the quality's not the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

fortheroad.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

luckat wrote: »
    fortheroad.jpg

That isn't it.

Sorry man, I had a look but I can't find it anywhere online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Is it in a gallery or in private ownership? If it's in a gallery, it may be online in an illustrated list of the gallery's acquisitions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

It's in the national art gallery in Dublin, but I had a look at their website and I can't find any pictures of it on there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 todowd

hey guys, its not online but if you have the art history and apprecation book its on page 280 xxxx

Advertisement