Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holdem Manager or PokerTracker 3 ??

Options
  • 11-06-2008 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭

I'm gonna get some new software for a new pc i've just got for online cash. I've used PT before and got to like it but I'm hearing good things about Holdem manager. Any body got any ideas?

Which is better? 6 votes

Holdem Manager
    0% 0 votes
    Pokertracker 3
    100% 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭PokerNit

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I was using Poker Tracker all through the beta period, but opted to go for Holdem Manager because at the time Hold'Em Manager was a better, and in my mind, well-rounded product that allows for a lot of under the surface analysis. Whilst being the brainchild of only two people, it's very well supported and it's getting better all the time! Holdem Manager also has the better HUD of the two, although maybe that was just because PT's HUD was very limited when it was finally released!

I'm also following the development of PokerEV closely, and will certainly give that a spin when it's released.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

The current build of the PT3 commercial release is buggy as hell. I don't know anything about Holdem manager but I would wait another update or two before buying the new poker-tracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭SetOverSet

I've only used PT3 myself, but as NickyOD said there's lots of bugs that weren't sorted before the commercial release, particularly with the HUD - stats at wrong seats, own stats disappearing, etc. If it wasn't for that, I would highly recommend PT3...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

stick to MTT's :pac: :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

chdpoker wrote: »
    stick to MTT's :pac: :pac:

last night was the iceing on the cake - variance sux.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

that was sick.nothing you can do but u nearly made a class fold.cash will be no different!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭Lurker1977

Ur still a weaktight nit I see!

Also, no Atari Jaguar option :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

i want to get one of these too but it looks like for the moment they're only working for the big networks, party, stars and fulltilt. any ideas when the other smaller networks might be supported?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

have used both.... I used PT3 during the trial period and liked it despite many bugs which i reported many of them and was sure they would be sorted out before commercial use.. I was dissappointed that they weren't ... then I had problems getting discount for PT2/PAH and was e-mailing back and forth...

I already had HM unused and tried it out and after a bit of tinkering around with it I found it to be an excellent program virtually bug free.. recommended...

Gald I didn't purchase PT3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

PokerNit wrote: »

good post..

can i ask though, how did you come about chosing that pretty awesome avatar?

(btw, been using hm for a couple of months now without much hassle and am ridiculously pleased with it..)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

i want to get one of these too but it looks like for the moment they're only working for the big networks, party, stars and fulltilt. any ideas when the other smaller networks might be supported?

Just a matter of time. I believe that both just go in order from pokersitescout.com

Advertisement