Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Remote - Stopped working

Options
  • 11-06-2008 4:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭

My Sky remote Rev. 8 has stopped working. The red Led is flashing, I've changed the batteries and I've tried to reprogramme it several times as follows - Press TV - Press Select and Red together until red led flashes twice - press TV again - enter code (The TV is a Sony so I've been using the four digit code 0000) - however, at this stage the led flashes only once and not twice as its supposed to and that's as far as I've got
    I borrowed a friends remote and it works so the problem is with the remote and not the TV or Sky Box.
    Any suggestions or should I just buy a new remote? This one's only a few months old though and it was working fine last night.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭ongarite

I think you have to cover the Sky remote IR blaster with your hand when you press TV after entering 4 digit code?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Tried that when I used the 3 digit code for my TV using the blink back method and following instructions from Sky. Still no joy. The problem seems to be that the remote will not recognise any codes as valid. Can't understand it. The worst thing that could have happened to it since last night is that someone might have sat on it and accidently changed the settings but surely resetting & the reprogramming the remote should have fixed it ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Sam Radford

Reset it then punch in the code for controlling either Sky+ or both Sky+ and HD.
    http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/digicode.htm

Cheers for that Sam but I've tried everything suggested on Satcure - no joy!! I don't have Sky + - just an ordinary Sky box. I've reset the remote, reset it to control the skiy box using select + blue etc and re-entered the codes - tried the four and three digit methods - pointing it at the Sky box and away from it. Nothing works. I should probably admit defeat and buy another one but it's become a matter of pride at this stage.

Found the receipt for remote and Currys replaced it for a new one :D They couldn't figure out what was wrong with it either !!

• Advertisement
Advertisement