Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest Climate Predictions for Ireland - wet and warm

Options
  • 11-06-2008 11:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Or rather wetter in the west and warmer esp the south/east (yay!), if the latest guesstimation is correct then I'll not complain to be honest, a bit wetter in winter, dry and warm summers sounds good to me. If you are in Galway you probably feel different.

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

mike65 wrote: »
    Or rather wetter in the west and warmer esp the south/east (yay!), if the latest guesstimation is correct then I'll not complain to be honest, a bit wetter in winter, dry and warm summers sounds good to me. If you are in Galway you probably feel different.

Mike.

Global warming well established here in the SW since 2000 so then .

Thinkin of swapping the potato (spuds) crop for bananas next year ,

then again knowing my luck we will end up in the grip of the biggest freeze since ........erm .........2000 .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭StiffLitlemicky

I like when the weather is warm and when it's wet, but i don't like it when it's wet and warm at the same time!

It means i have to wear a raincoat but then i sweat profusely, then i start to smell a bit, its not good.
    :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

LOL at last post!

//grabs coat (rainjacket) and leaves//

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

mike65 wrote: »

Mike.

That N.D.P report can be read here.

Main highlights include increased winter storm activity in the next 50 years.

Strange that the report also admits that storm frequency and intensity has shown a marked decrease during the 1990's and early naugthies. I argue that N.D.P's acknowledgement of this fails to justify the overall contradiction that we need to batten down the hatchetts a lot more in a "warming" Ireland.

Advertisement