Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

barking mayhem

Options
  • 11-06-2008 11:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi, I live in a build up area in Dublin, small back gardens with the houses. About 6 houses in the area have dogs, which they all seem to keep in the back gardens. The barking can turn into a chorus of heavy metal proportions which lasts into the small hours lately. (I'm guessing that the dogs are in the back gardens all day, and are sleeping all day in the heat, and are then full of beans for the night barking at each other). I'm on about 6 days of only managing a few hours sleep.

So, what can I do to about this?
    I tried calling to 2 of the houses and was told where to shove it in both cases.
    Any input? I'm sure this kind of thing happens in every built up area in the country?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

Until the laws change to protect animals from a life of misery in a back garden there isn't much you can do really. maybe report them for noise pollution? or try talking to the nicer ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Intothesea

Hello there. Lack of education about dogs' exercise
    needs are often the root of this type of problem
    (hopefully). It always amazes me how people can
    be closer to the racket than you, and still do nothing
    about it!! Apparently the way to deal with this (after
    'good-neighbourly' chats with the owners) is to make
    an official complaint, as outlined here:

http://www.environ.ie/en/LocalGovernment/DogControl/

(Under 'What can I do about barking dogs?')

Good luck :)

Advertisement