Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blinds in home cash game

Options
  • 11-06-2008 11:18am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 218 ✭✭

Hi,

I am going to set up a home cash game. The way that I was going to set it up is that everyone buys in for €10. If I set the blinds at 10c/20c. This would give everybody 50 BB. If we have 9/10 players will this give enough play? I could increase the buy-in to €20 and double the amount of chips, but would like to keep it reasonably cheap, especially if someone busts out and has to rebuy.

I expect there to be a lot of limping and some loose play. Is this (50BB) workable or do I need to increase this to 100BB. We are just a bunch of friends who enjoy poker and I do not think people will be worried about "deep stack play" or anything of this sort.

Thanks for your input

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭blainj2

If you want to keep it cheap and cheerfull then id recommend having 100BB to give a bit more play etc. So either have the buyin at €10 and have the blinds at .05/.1c of have it at €20 and have the blinds at .1/.20c. I think this is standard enough. All this is assuming that you are playing NLHE, if you are playing Limit then the structure you have mentioned above would prob be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Yeah 100bb deep will be more enjoyable for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

If its a cash game then people can buy in for whatever they like. And they can reload. It's all about what stakes are meaningful and appropriate for the people playing after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

I play with a load of beginners and they enjoy a 5c/10c 5€ buy-in. They usually reload if they lose (up to 15€ spend) so at the end stacks are pretty much 100BB deep on average. I tried to explain variable buy-ins etc on-night but in the end this is simpler.

Loads of limping and complaining when someone puts in a proper raise :) :pac:

Deeper stacks will give someone who knows what they are doing an even bigger advantage which depending on the game mightn't be the best thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 irish in oz

Buy a set of poker chips.

That way you can have the buy in a €10, everyone gets 1500 in chips, blinds 25/50 all night.

Bustos buy another 1500 chips for €10, etc etc

Cash out at the end of the night.

IIO

• Advertisement
Advertisement