Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick Lineup..wsop event no.18

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

Too right, I really enjoyed it when they filmed it and Greenstein won, it's actually an exciting game to watch. Really impressed with Durr coming 8th, probably picked the game up last week and outlasts Doyle and the old boys who have been playing it all their lives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭GrangeUtd

its a really enjoyable game. Hope the bear takes it down

i play it on stars at micro limits for light relief.
    Its such fun trying to make the worst hand.
    I would highly recommend it. There is a video on cardunners
    of it and also some info on it in the other games section of 2+2.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

i've always thought 2-7 was a great game..a lot more interesting than standard draw..you know that a certain low is good must of the time against someone who draws more etc etc..thinking like that.. i think the coverage is on youtube or pokertube the year barry g won..i'd recommend it

sick that erick lindgren had never won a bracelet up to this year and then he wins one and is in a dominant position to win another.. i'd like to see him or matusow win it..

if matusow had made a final table last year at the wsop it would've been every year at the wsop from 99' that he made a final table..he came close(11th) last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

How big could the skill edge be in 2-7 lowball between a field of pros anyway?

I can't see too many amateur names in the field and even those I don't recognize are probably online pros. So basically this game is just a high priced raffle (less rake) for a bracelet and cash. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

i've been playing this game for a couple of years now..both live in a cash home game and online.. and there is a certain amount of skill involved.. a lot of the pro's wouldn't play it that often compared to others like barry g etc who'd be involved in massive mixed cash games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

2-7 is a great game. Fond memories of pawning* IanMc in it while guzzling buckets of samsong in Bangkok.

Barry G has to be the fans fav surely. Hero.

*may of been the one getting ridic pwned

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I dislike Erick Lindgren for completely arbitrary reasons (he made a sick call against me at a charity gig and sucked out).

Buckets in Bangkok eh? It sounds mad until you actually see them. :)
    Still get a giggle over my mates blog describing his first encounter with them:

So, other news, let's see. Went to a very cool bar in town last week. Got a bit of a shock when a behemoth came over to talk to me, then noticed it was just a woman who had never seen the bottom of a salad bowl in her life. Honest to god. Venus, in a blond wig with lipstick smeared in the appropriate places. That's the planet Venus, mind you.
    "Fancy a bucket?", she asked. I had to get her to repeat it a few times, just to be sure I wasn't agreeing to something I would later regret. Yes, definitely a bucket. "What's that?", why it's like a normal drink, but it's served in a bucket with a load of straws. I get the idea, but seriously love, a bucket? Any consumable item that is served in a bucket lends a certain amount of bad publicity to the consumer. Now if that consumer looks like she never met a chocolatey dessert she didn't like...Basically, a bucket is the very last stage before they are serving you in a trough. You fat bitch. You fat, fat bitch.

I kinda miss not being in Vegas (a little) when I am sitting here reading the reports. Its a bit weird since I'm used to being on the other side of the wifi connection...

Go Barry G, his policy of charitable contribution seems admirable.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭delanec8

It must be one of the easiest bracelets to win. If i had endless monies i would target it. Danny Alaei won it in 06 and apparently hadnt played the game before at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Dirk_Diggler

What is with the use of the word 'sick' in the poker scene?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

What is with the use of the word 'sick' in the poker scene?

1. sick
    1)crazy, cool, insane

- to be used as much as possible to increase online credibility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Dirk_Diggler

Haha, internet can be lame at times alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

musician wrote: »
    1. sick
    1)crazy, cool, insane

- to be used as much as possible to increase online credibility. Generally preceded by the use of the word SO to increase its effectiveness as in "that was SO sick"

FYP Muso

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

ollyk1 wrote: »
    FYP Muso

Ha. Forgot to add the bit about using it to annoy crabby old gits like me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

How Lindgren ever wins anything is a mystery IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

NickyOD wrote: »

First Luske now Lindgren what is it with surnames beginning with the letter "L" that grinds you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

NickyOD wrote: »

lol, here we go again. Hellmuth, Luske, Lindgren.. mods, can you change the title of this thread to something a little more suitable?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

How about we go back on topic instead. (Mea Culpa too!)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Its the only event at the WSOP were a big name pro is almost guaranteed to win. It was always going to be a star studded ft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

glenjamin wrote: »
    Its the only event at the WSOP were a big name pro is almost guaranteed to win. It was always going to be a star studded ft.

Ya your right, some randomer is odds on to win the 50K H.O.R.S.E :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Ya your right, some randomer is odds on to win the 50K H.O.R.S.E :rolleyes:

Forgot about that!

Advertisement