Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are these updates??

Options
  • 10-06-2008 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

See pic first,
    updates.jpg

You see the arrow pointing to the update/s my computer is running. What are these updates? I double click on it and can't stop it! My computer runs very slowly with these updates! How can I access these updates and postpone them to later , when I'm not busy on the Internet! I want it to Stop updating!!!!!!!!!!

grrr it really annoys me! Tips and help appreciated!!:o

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Windows update, double click the icon and you will see settings to turn them off etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Windows update, double click the icon and you will see settings to turn them off etc.

I double click it and nothing?!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭quaidox

they are windows updates, that come down every month.
    click on start --> control panel --> security center --> automatic updates to change how they are downloaded and installed on your machine and at what time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

quaidox wrote: »
    they are windows updates, that come down every month.
    click on start --> control panel --> security center --> automatic updates to change how they are downloaded and installed on your machine and at what time

Super stuff thanks quaidox thats all I wanted to know cheerz;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

BaRcOe wrote: »
    I double click it and nothing?!
    I've noticed double clicking doesn't work until they've downloaded first.

• Advertisement
Advertisement