Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Flush

Options
  • 10-06-2008 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

how often do you hit? holdem/omaha?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

also how often does A 7 off improve to a flush in both games, any stattos out there

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

about 6 times a week on ipoker over 5k hands on avg.
    4 on ps
    3 on ft....

inski

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭iPoker

also how often does A 7 off improve to a flush in both games, any stattos out there

???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

It's around 650,000 to 1 afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭Lurker1977

Yeah as cooker said. You can calc it by:
    20/52*4/51*3/50*2/49*1/48.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,105 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

cooker3 wrote: »
    It's around 650,000 to 1 afaik
    Thats on any single 5 card deal,
    In a hand of holdem you have 21 unique hands, and in omaha you have 60 unique hands.
    A hand being 5 card poker hand, so that speeds up the process significantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭Lurker1977

Mellor wrote: »
    Thats on any single 5 card deal,
    In a hand of holdem you have 21 unique hands, and in omaha you have 60 unique hands.
    A hand being 5 card poker hand, so that speeds up the process significantly.

Its still ~587,000 to 1 even taking the 21 permutations into account in holdem. I think

• Registered Users Posts: 39,105 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

No its not.
    (52*51*50*49*48)/(4*5!) is 649,740/1
    Thats thats odds in a 5 card hand, say 5 card stud hand.

In HE you have 21 hands so chances are increased proportionaly

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

I hit them often enough. However whenever i hit one, someone always seems a have a Royal Flush in a higher suit.

It never happens to me on Stars, but it's happened to me a lot on UB, probably because of superuser accounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭iPoker

had never hit one...hit one today, but only on omaha, which i guess isn't as rare. the looser in the hand hit one next hand. bit bizarre i thought.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement