Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chairman Danon to leave Eircom

Options
  • 10-06-2008 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭

http://www.rte.ie/business/2008/0610/eircom.html?rss

Tuesday, 10 June 2008 10:49

Eircom's chairman Pierre Danon is to step down to take over as chief executive of French telecoms company Numericable-Completel. Mr Danon will stay on with Eircom until the company has appointed a replacement.

Mr Danon has been chairman for two years, taking over when the group was sold to Australian investment group Babcock & Brown.

Numericable operates a high-speed network in France, while Completel is a leading provider of telecoms services to businesses in France.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

bealtine wrote: »

I for one would like to offer Mr. Dannon good wishes for the future.
    It's eircoms loss and it's nice to see him leaving for a real job with a progressive company.

It's a shame he couldn't turn eircom into something similar to Numericable-Completel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

bealtine wrote: »
    I for one would like to offer Mr. Dannon good wishes for the future.
    It's eircoms loss and it's nice to see him leaving for a real job with a progressive company.

It's a shame he couldn't turn eircom into something similar to Numericable-Completel.

Numericable are a very interesting Company and have done some amazing things since Mr Drahi bought it from UPC.

I too wish Pierre well, I liked him - he was far from the worst Chairman ever. My only critisism would be leaving a Company after 2 years, when he is on record saying he was there for 5 years - it paints all the wrong pictures. (Mind you I jumped ship even quicker!!)

Advertisement