Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gates

Options
  • 10-06-2008 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,258 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

My estate is considering fitting automatic gates to our underground car parks because of some problems we've had. If you have gates in your estate (or even in your office), can you tell me what type they are (leaf, sliding, vertical rollers, etc) and how reliable they are.

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

We replaced our previous gates (hydrolic) and put in electronic motor gates. They work brilliantly and we've had no technical faults with them.

I can recommend the company that supplied them to us, if needed. Just PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭snellers

seems a simple point to make but I will say anyway :-) ......whatever you get ensure it is of commercial quality and suitable for heavy use

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭davros

We put in a sliding gate with an electric motor. Quite a simple system and fairly robust. A few of the owners have override keys so it can be manually opened in the event of a power failure or other fault.

Residents open it from their mobile phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,258 ✭✭✭markpb

Cheers guys.

Davros, how much use would your gate get? If you're happy with it, would you mind sharing the name of the company?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭davros

markpb wrote: »
    Davros, how much use would your gate get? If you're happy with it, would you mind sharing the name of the company?
    PM sent.

• Advertisement
Advertisement