Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie conspiracy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Ah, the mod conspiracy strikes again! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

Some great reading linked in your Helpdesk thread. Should post the links here.
    (the gnn.tv link is broked)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

How're things casey?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Both sides: for and against, are welcome to advertise on boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭stink_fist

Gordon wrote: »
    Both sides: for and against, are welcome to advertise on boards.

But obviously not engage in any real debate...

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Yup, there hasn't been any debate in the EU forum for the last few weeks.

No siree bob, none whatsoever.

Because it isn't a real debate unless someone mentions fluoride.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I fail to see where the censoring comes into play. You made a thread about Libertas and were told that it's already been covered in other threads, which is a bit of a hint that maybe you should just discuss it in those threads and save yourself a lot of time.

In fact, the only real mystery here is how, in the name of all that is holy, can someone assume such a persecution complex after one post on an internet forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭stink_fist

I mentioned water fluoridation because it is illegal in mainly EU countries, but the U.S. love it :p anyways i see its okay to talk about this stuff now lmfao

What???

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Pixel8

Stink_fist makes a great point! He's absolutely correct, most European countries do NOT fluoridate their water coz fluoride is a POISON. Yet we still put fluoride in our water in ireland, why? More and more scientific evidence is coming out about how dangerous fluoride really is, google it.

You just have to look at rat poison, whats the main ingredient? Sodium Fluoride.

• Advertisement

But what the hell does that have to do with him thinking he's being persecuted by Boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Ah fluoridation of the water supply, it's an oldy but it's a goody.

General Jack D. Ripper: Mandrake, do you realize that in addition to fluoridating water, why, there are studies underway to fluoridate salt, flour, fruit juices, soup, sugar, milk... ice cream. Ice cream, Mandrake, children's ice cream.

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Lord, Jack.

General Jack D. Ripper: You know when fluoridation first began?

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: I... no, no. I don't, Jack.

General Jack D. Ripper: Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works.

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Uh, Jack, Jack, listen, tell me, tell me, Jack. When did you first... become... well, develop this theory?

General Jack D. Ripper: Well, I, uh... I... I... first became aware of it, Mandrake, during the physical act of love.

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Hmm.

General Jack D. Ripper: Yes, a uh, a profound sense of fatigue... a feeling of emptiness followed. Luckily I... I was able to interpret these feelings correctly. Loss of essence.

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Hmm.

General Jack D. Ripper: I can assure you it has not recurred, Mandrake. Women uh... women sense my power and they seek the life essence. I, uh... I do not avoid women, Mandrake.

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: No.

General Jack D. Ripper: But I... I do deny them my essence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

I'd be more worried about the potential health problems with aspartame myself. Then again, I try not to worry too much about potential health problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Pixel8 wrote: »
    Stink_fist makes a great point! He's absolutely correct, most European countries do NOT fluoridate their water coz fluoride is a POISON. Yet we still put fluoride in our water in ireland, why? More and more scientific evidence is coming out about how dangerous fluoride really is, google it.

You just have to look at rat poison, whats the main ingredient? Sodium Fluoride.
    One ingredient in certain rat poison is Sodium Fluoroactate, not Sodium Fluoride. http://www.doc.govt.nz/templates/MultiPageDocumentTOC.aspx?id=39966
    But not all rat poison, like you said.

One ingredient in certain rat poison is Sodium Fluoroactate, not Sodium Fluoride. http://www.doc.govt.nz/templates/MultiPageDocumentTOC.aspx?id=39966
    But not all rat poison, like you said.

Thanks for that ;) But my point was that Flouride is in water and even Sodium Flouroactate is a poison used to kill rats.

Scroll down the bottom and look at 'other chemical poisons include:"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rat_poison#Poisonous_chemicals

This same kind of poison, maybe in much smaller quantities, is in our drinking water which most of us drink EVERY day. That would have a serious ill effect over time, don't you think?

Waitaminute - sodium fluoroacetate is rat poison, but sodium chloride is salt!

OMG salt is a poison!!

Thanks for that ;) But my point was that Flouride is in water and even Sodium Flouroactate is a poison used to kill rats.

Scroll down the bottom and look at 'other chemical poisons include:"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rat_poison#Poisonous_chemicals

This same kind of poison, maybe in much smaller quantities, is in our drinking water which most of us drink EVERY day. That would have a serious ill effect over time, don't you think?

I dont get what you're trying to say. Sodium Fluoride is not the same as Sodium Fluoroacetate, do you see? And there was no mention of Sodium Fluoride on the Rat Posion wiki page. So stop saying it's rat posion.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

The dose makes the poison.

It doesn't matter a whit what you think would have a serious ill effect over time. It matters what you can show has a serious ill effect over time.

If any of you actually bothered your arses to visit the wiki link i posted last and scroll down to the 'other chemical poisons include' part, you could have clicked the link "Sodium Fluoroacetate' which would have brought you to this page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium_fluoroacetate

Now if you're too lazy to check that page out, here's a snippet:
    Fluoroacetate is highly toxic to mammals and insects.[2] The oral dose of fluoroacetate sufficient to be lethal in humans is 2–10 mg/kg.

And another:
    Fluoroacetate is similar to acetate, which has a pivotal role in cellular metabolism. Fluoroacetate disrupts the citric acid cycle (also known as the Krebs cycle) by combining with coenzyme A to form fluoroacetyl CoA. This is then substituted for acetyl CoA in the citric acid cycle and reacts with citrate synthase to produce fluorocitrate. A metabolite of fluorocitrate binds very tightly to aconitase, thereby halting the citric acid cycle. This results in an accumulation of citrate in the blood which deprives cells of energy

Here's a link to Water Fluoridation on wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_fluoridation

which says:
    Fluoride, while toxic at moderate to high doses, may be beneficial for dental health at very low doses. The most commonly recommended dosage of fluoride for humans is 1 mg. per day. Fluoridation is intended to reduce tooth decay, with its associated health problems, at a low cost.[25] However, in 2001, the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention stated, “Although solid data on the cost-effectiveness of fluoride modalities alone and in combination are needed, this information is scarce.” [26] Many communities need to reduce fluoride exposure. Consumption of water exceeding 10 ppm fluoride has been shown to lead to pathological changes in bone structure, and skeletal fluorosis. Debilitating environmental fluorosis of a portion of the population is a problem in several developing countries, where it is complicated by malnutrition. The effects of skeletal fluorosis can be slowly reversed through a reduction of fluoride intake and improved diet.

Data on fluoride's ability to cause cancer is mixed. Some human and animal studies have shown an increase in osteosarcoma, a rare bone cancer, coinciding with exposure to fluoride, including fluoridated water.
    A link in some, but not all studies between high levels of fluoride and bone weakening[56] and more recently with bone cancer (osteosarcoma) in boys.[56][58][59]

In a 2007 publication, the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention stated, "At this time, the weight of the scientific evidence, as assessed by independent committees of experts, comprehensive systematic reviews, and review of the findings of individual studies does not support an association between water fluoridated at levels optimal for oral health and the risk for cancer, including osteosarcoma." The document described the overall evidence on osteosarcoma to be "tentative and mixed", and indicated that further research is forthcoming. [44]

A 2001 report by Dr. Roger Masters that linked elevated blood-lead levels with consumption of fluorosilicates (chemicals used in the fluoridation of drinking water).[60][61]

A lowering of IQ where drinking water fluoride levels were greater than 3 mg/L[62] which is within the limits of the standard set by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).[63]
    A disruption in endocrine function, especially in the thyroid.[
    At least 17 incidences of fluoridation equipment malfunction, and their associated deaths and poisonings, have been documented in U.S. newspapers and medical journals. [129][130] [131] [132] [133][134] [135]

Perhaps the worst incident in the United States occurred in Hooper Bay, Alaska in 1992. When fluoridation equipment failed, a large amount of fluoride was released into the drinking water supply and 296 people were poisoned; 1 person died,[136] marking the first reported death due to fluoride toxicity caused by drinking water from a community water system.[137]

3 dialysis patients died and 6 were sickened at the University of Chicago Hospitals when the water filtration system failed on July 16, 1993. A hospital spokesperson said that the deaths and reactions “were consistent with fluoride exposure.”[138]

Schoolchildren in Portage, Michigan experienced vomiting and stomach pains when an electrical surge caused excessive amounts of fluoridation chemical to be injected into the school’s well in July 1991. [139]

In June, 2002, 23 employees of Humphry Systems Inc. in Dublin, California became ill after a fluoride pump malfunctioned near the business. All of the affected workers had drank from the water fountains, and experienced vomiting and nausea. [140]

34 restaurant diners became sick after a fluoridation equipment malfunction caused an acute outbreak of fluoride poisoning in August 1993, in Poplarville, Mississippi. Severe gastrointestinal illness was reported by 34 out of 62 customers in a 24 hour period. [141]

A dialysis patient died from fluoride overdose in Annapolis, Maryland when 1,000 gallons of excess fluoride chemical spilled into the drinking water on November 11, 1979. 7 others became critically ill. Brain damage, a heart attack and many other illnesses resulted.[

There's a lot of evidence coming out that fluoride in water is not good, its a poison, Sodium Fluoride and Sodium Fluoroacetate and any type of Fluorde, they're all poisons... do you think a poison is good for any animal or human?

If you research this subject, you will come to the same conclusion as any sane person would.

Then start researching how bad Mercury in tooth fillings is and you'll begin to see a huge connection between it and bad health, disorders and diseases.

...Sodium Fluoride and Sodium Fluoroacetate and any type of Fluorde, they're all poisons...
    Why are you lumping Sodium Fluoride and Sodium Fluoroacetate together, but refusing to acknowledge the link between Sodium Flouride and Sodium Chloride?
    ...do you think a poison is good for any animal or human?
    How many medicines do you know of that are not toxic at higher doses?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

theres still a limit to how much of it in yr water is good for ya tho ;)

I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a substance for which that statement would be untrue.

There's a lot of evidence coming out that fluoride in water is not good, its a poison, Sodium Fluoride and Sodium Fluoroacetate and any type of Fluorde, they're all poisons... do you think a poison is good for any animal or human?

Poison: Any substance, in large enough amounts, that can cause harm. Covers most stuff.
    As for all Flourides being poisons, and seeing as you like Wikepedia, here you go.
    part of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) for the treatment of a human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) type 1

theres still a limit to how much of it in yr water is good for ya tho ;)

Just as there's a limit to how much water is good for you. Does that make water a poison?

Ok, so if flouride is good for our water, why is the world so mixed about flouridating water? Ireland is the only country in Europe that flouridates its water, why is that? America flouridates its water too and we know how dumbed down they are...

You people certainly dont ask enough questions about our water, food and health care.

Flouride in water, Aspartame/MSG in food, pharmaceuticals full of ****e that only sustains our health but doesnt EVER cure it. Cigarettes and alcohol classed as the 9th and 5th most dangerous drugs as reported in a BBC documentary killing thousands every year. Even Ecstacy is no. 18 out of the 20 most dangerous drugs! WTF?
    Am i missing something here? You guys all find this ok? Well i definitely do not.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Ireland is the only country in Europe that flouridates its water, why is that?

WRONG. It is even mentioned in an earlier link. In the EU.
    - Ireland
    - Spain
    - UK (not N.I.)

UK also puts it in the milk and at least one company puts it in the bottled water.
    You people certainly dont ask enough questions about our water, food and health care.

You don't appear to do any research either.

Hobbes wrote: »
    WRONG. It is even mentioned in an earlier link. In the EU.
    - Ireland
    - Spain
    - UK (not N.I.)

UK also puts it in the milk and at least one company puts it in the bottled water.
    Additionally, France and Switzerland add it to salt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭rocky25

Flouride can seriously damage your health and alter your looks:(

See what happened to David Icke from drinking too much in his water:eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHQBEywYEEI

Advertisement