Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nvidia nforce raid doing my head in

Options
  • 10-06-2008 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Hello all I got a hp prolient ml 115 server with media shiled 9.29 and I am trying to install win sever 2003 small buisness edition on it with a raid 5 array the unit does not come with a floopy drive so i got an external one and downloaded the drivers from the hp website and stuck them on a disc and booted up done the whole f6 thing selected my drivers from the mene and nothing it still will not load the array I have tried to slip steam the drivers in with no joy any one got any experience with this
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Starting with the basics.......

Are the drives being identified on a hardware level?
    There seems to be three possible different controllers that shipped with unit, are you CERTAIN the correct drivers (Nforce) are being used? It could be running any combinaton of the shipped cards, or even an aftermarket card.....

Shipped cards for ML115 From HP's website:

HP ProLiant Smart Array SAS/SATA Controller Driver for Windows Server 2003/2008
    HP 4/8 Internal Port SAS HBA with RAID and SCxxGe series HBA Driver for Windows Server 2003
    HP ProLiant 64-Bit/133-MHz Single/Dual Channel Ultra320 SCSI HBA and SCxxXe series SCSI HBA Driver for Windows Server 2003

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 columf2008

NVIDIA® MediaShield for Microsoft Windows Server 2003 is the driver I downloaded
    When I boot the server the screen shows that it is a nvidia raid controller.
    In the raid controller screen it is showing that the array is healthy.
    I have downloaded all the drivers and am just going to have to ge through them one by
    one and hope that one will work

Advertisement