Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would anyone have a rough idea...

Options
  • 10-06-2008 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭

of how much rent should be around for a 4 bedroom house on Griffith avenue?

Few friends are renting a place there and paying 2k a month + Bills? So around 500-520 a month, last time i asked them.

Would this be the norm? i just a sneaky suspicion that the person who organized the property is making money off my mates as they wouldn't be the sort of people who ask for to see bills,receipts ect.:rolleyes:

Cheers in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

check daft.ie
    Dublin north city and Drumcondra should be the search criteria.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Looking at Daft 2k a month isn't totally out of kilter, but it depends on the property itself. There are 4 beds there for less than 2k, but then there are some for more. If it isn't that great a gaffe it could be a bit high, but that doesn't mean whoever organized it is ripping anyone off.

They could always ask to see the lodgement slip for the rent to see what's actually going to the landlord.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 mosfo

i know of quite a few people who are telling their landlords they want a rent reduction or else they're moving. renters market these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I had the same rent for two years and the landlord hiked it up 10% which wasn't huge but was a raise all the same.

I asked them to leave it as it is and reminded them I was a good tenant, paid on time and called them once in the last 8 months.

Was handed my notice, it didn't work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33 mosfo

micmclo wrote: »
    I had the same rent for two years and the landlord hiked it up 10% which wasn't huge but was a raise all the same.

I asked them to leave it as it is and reminded them I was a good tenant, paid on time and called them once in the last 8 months.

Was handed my notice, it didn't work :(
    Found somewhere far better though and secretly, I wonder if my replacement going to trash the place. Yes I know I shouldn't wish things like that

yes you should ;-) those blood-sucking b*****s

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

The house is very old fashioned, appliances are all fairly dated aswell. Old carpet throughout, lino in the kitchen.

Hall door Handles never worked since day one, everyone has to enter through the patio doors :o

Thanks for the responses just something thats been bothering me for the last week or so.

Advertisement