Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft Outlook question

Options
  • 10-06-2008 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

Yes, this is a stupid problem but here goes...

I don't know what happened my computer but suddenly I can send, but not receive mail from Outlook 2000. I've gone through the properties of the servers, and everything looks ok. I rang our tech guy, and he just asked me what I thought was wrong... I dont know!!
    I know that it'll probably be a tiny thing that'll fix it, but I can't sort it out and I know there's at least 10 emails that have been sent to me but I can't get. I would so very appreciate any suggestions/ solutions from anyone... :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

If you are linking into a server (exchange) then it is possible that you have exceeded a limit set on the server to manage mailboxes. This however is normally set up to give you plenty of warnings in advance before it does not allow you to send or receive.

Also if there is a mail filter (anti spam, etc) on your system some or all of your inbound mail may be stopped by the filter.

You said you where on to your IT guy, has he/she been back on to you as it should be relatively easy to identify what the problem is

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭rhapsody

Its not a limit-exceeding problem anyway, because I'm pretty good about deleting as I go, and there's a colleague who isn't and doesn't have this trouble. No filters either, sadly. But thanks for the suggestions!
    Tech guy has not been back on, he told me to talk to the guy who runs the server (my boss- who I have already spoken to) and then ring Eircom. I don't see what Eircom can do... Its not really a communications sort of thing, there's mail going out ok, I'd say I reset some out-going mail server thing without realising, and can't find it now.
    I keep getting a dialogue box up, asking to confirm my user name and password (there was never one set) for the server. No matter what I do with this box, nothing changes.
    Any further thoughts? :)

Advertisement