Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want a talking alarm clock

Options
  • 10-06-2008 9:27am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

OK this may be a odd place to post this but its kinda tech related.

I want a talking alarm clock. No, not a software based one, I can find one of those, I want an actual alarm clock that speaks the time to me. Not when you press it, but when the alarm goes off it sounds and tells you the time. Then does the same every 5-10 minutes until I get up and turn it off.

Anyone know where I can get such a thing? I'm having trouble getting up on time these days and the normal ways around it are not working!
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭alansweeney100

But if you can't get up the morning, how about an alarm clock that drives around the room and you have to get up and catch it to turn it off, theres no way you'd go back to bed after that!
    Clocky

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Not trying to be smart (honestly), but going to bed earlier really does help. I've gone through phases like that where I can't haul myself out of bed but it's a sure sign that I'm either not getting enough kip, or totally unfit, or both. :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

NO that's not the issue, I get loads of sleep. 7-8 hours. I think my bed is too comfy or something!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I just use a clock radio with the volume turned up ridiculously loud. Gets me out of the bed pretty quick when it goes off/deafens me.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

My problem is I get out of bed to turn my alarm off, and feel awke but get back into bed and fall back asleep, sometimes for an hour! I have 5 alarms just in case!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

You have a problem that no alarm clock is going to fix, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

Zascar wrote: »
    OK this may be a odd place to post this but its kinda tech related.

I want a talking alarm clock. No, not a software based one, I can find one of those, I want an actual alarm clock that speaks the time to me. Not when you press it, but when the alarm goes off it sounds and tells you the time. Then does the same every 5-10 minutes until I get up and turn it off.

Anyone know where I can get such a thing? I'm having trouble getting up on time these days and the normal ways around it are not working!
    Thanks
    U married?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

If you set the alarm for say 6.30am then why do you want the clock to tell you the time when the alarm goes off? Do you forget what time you set the alarm when it goes off?

Advertisement