Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2008 Premiership Round 12

Options
  • 10-06-2008 9:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭

bit of time this week as I'm about to head of on hols, so wont be around next week to stick up the fixture list.

Friday 13th June
    Essendon v West Coast 7.40pm (10.40GMT) Telstra Dome

Saturday 14th June
    Western Bulldogs v Brisbane 2.10pm (5.10GMT) MCG Setanta Sports 1 5.00am
    Fremantle v North Melbourne 2.10pm (7.10GMT) Subiaco
    Sydney v St Kilda 7.10pm (10.10GMT) SCG
    Adelaide v Hawthorn 7.10pm (10.40GMT) AAMI Stadium Setanta Sports 2 10.30am and 3pm and 11.30pm

Sunday 15th June
    Geelong v Port Adelaide 1.10pm (4.10GMT) Skilled Stadium
    Collingwood v Carlton 2.10pm (5.10GMT) MCG Setanta Sports 2 5.00am and 11am and 10.30pm
    Richmond v Melbourne 4.40pm (7.10GMT) Telstra Dome

Might check the schedules on Setanta again later, seem a bit odd really. Highlights Monday evening at 6.30pm on Setanta Sports 2, and at 11pm on Wednesday evening on TG4.

Essendon v West Coast : Eagles
    Western Bulldogs v Brisbane : Doggies
    Fremantle v North Melbourne : Roos
    Sydney v St Kilda : Swans
    Adelaide v Hawthorn : Hawks
    Geelong v Port Adelaide : Cats
    Collingwood v Carlton : Pies
    Richmond v Melbourne : Tigers

Well at the halfway point of the season now, and there are 3 teams leading the way, and either one could win. It'll be interesting to see how they finish out the second half, remember this time last year West Coast were a game clear at this point. I still like Collingwood for some reason, think they have potential to make the final, but dont think they'll win it just yet.

Eagles should beat a poor essendon side, who really arent getting it together under Knights. Dogs/Lions game should be good, and potential for an upset, but Lions are poor enough away from home. Freo are ****e. St Kilda really arent playing well either, and are looking very much like a lower mid table side. Game at AAMI stadium should be good too, and another potential for upset, but with the way Buddy played last weekend, they look unbeatable. Pity he didnt get his 10, a mark should have been called for that last play. Geelong look really good again too, with Ablett shining (must have as captain on fantasy footie too!) Pies should turn the tables on Carlton after earlier. And the crap game of the wek is left til last, but Tigers are better thatn the dees.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Couple of potential close games this week. Here's what I'm going with (yep it's the exact smae as Hanton!) -

Collingwood v Carlton : Pies

As I said though, some could go either way.

- Eagles could lose out to the Bombers
    - Brisbane could upset the Dogs, though they are without the injured Bradshaw so probably not.
    - Freo have to win sometime. Could be this week at home.
    - Hawks might lose out at AAMI Stadium to a good Crows side.
    - Carlton may act the bollox and pull a win out of nowhere like last week.
    - Melbourne could put in another spirited performance and do an average Tigers side.

All ifs and buts though. Should be another exciting weekend of footy either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Traq

I was just out of the office for a bit and saw a few West Coast fans walking around looking pretty miserable in the rain and cold, which reminded me to post on here!

Collingwood v Carlton : Blues

My tips are the same as the others, apart from tipping the Blues to beat the Pies. I'm torn on this as Collingwood have come along a lot since Carlton beat them back in round 4 but I reckon Carlton could pull off another upset and beat them again! Saying that, everytime I tip Carlton, they lose, and when I dont, they win. They ruined my tipping last week, I almost had a perfect eight, and only missed the margin in the first game by two points, but Carlton had to have that amazing comeback against Port! Still, I can't say I wasn't happy with the outcome! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

I think the same are Xavi and Hanton.

Heart says Blues will be lifted by their win last week, amazing comeback. But I think realistically Collingwood will be too strong. Should be a good game either way.

Did anyone see the Footy Shows song 'My Fevola' (to the tune of My Sherona?). Very funny.

Some good games this weekend, Dogs and Lions, Eagles and Bombers, and Tigers and Melbourne are all too hard to call.

Some good games this weekend, Dogs and Lions, Eagles and Bombers, and Tigers and Melbourne are all too hard to call.

Pull up a seat......

fence4.jpg

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

What a win for the Blues! 25 points down during the third quarter, they win by 30 points! The team is really gelling and are on a roll.

Also the dockers finally manage a win!!

• Advertisement

Shite week for me tips wise. Only got the 5.

Really enjoyed last night's game between the Hawks and the Crows.

Advertisement