Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft in the washington post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Quite nice to read a positive article for once :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭NMC

My thoughts exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Emailed the link to several Irish newspapers. Show them how easy it is to write something positive for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I'll be bloody ecstatic if airsoft gets positive press here, would really up the mood.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Yeah, I hate the Irish media in that regard. Bashing the hell outa airsoft.
    New Zeland: What an interesting sport
    History Channel: Ohh, that looks great
    Washington Post: Looks great, and they donate to charity.

:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Real Steyr Dave

It really is the Mecca for Airsoft over there! great article, i liked the idea of mixing "civilian" players in with actual combatants in their urban section.

It'd be great if the papers that were emailed actually took notice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

It would be great. As long as they don't do the whole "Americans do it better, safer etc." And as long as they research it properly with regards to power limits.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭thejem

its a good article alright, hope the good word spreads.

after all its a sport/game/hobby.

you can be killed playing golf!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Harlequin Wolf

Wouldn't count on the Airsoft bashing in this country to stop, the media in Ireland cater to the blue rinse brigade. Beside's, Whinging is a bigger sport in this country than Airsoft ever will be. I for one will simply refuse to even acknowledge these people. Airsoft is legal and for as long as that remains the case i will play.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

+1 to everthing above! sik it to em Floyd!!! the Irish press need to get a look at this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭davvowl

aaah, airsoft and the media :rolleyes:
    same thing everywhere i guess

we're getting a bit more positive press in france lately also :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

In time as it gets more popular it'll get a more positive view from the press, until then we're gonna be bashed coz its easier than writing a real story.

As for danger try Cycling, Gaa, Soccer, Rugger, etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Real Steyr Dave

ha! I never thought I'd hear the words "proper research" and "Irish media" used in the same sentence! still, if they start taking notice of the positive press, so much the better!

Advertisement