Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Horror Film Of All Time?????

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

Day of the Dead (2008)

The Thing as well. Awesome film. I really liked The Mist as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

There's no such thing as best. Films are art, and would you ask "What is the best art?"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 crazy-cooke

There's no such thing as best. Films are art, and would you ask "What is the best art?"?
    relax!!!! i was askin for peoples opinions..... whats yours?????:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

whats yours?????:D:D

Did I not just give mine? :confused:

• Advertisement

Did I not just give mine? :confused:
    so all horror films are your favourite horror films??????

if u had to choose!:confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Another vote for the thing
    Reckon I'll have a few cans this evening and watch it yet again:p

Don't mind KH, he's just a grumpy old bear

tman wrote: »
    Another vote for the thing
    Reckon I'll have a few cans this evening and watch it yet again:p

Don't mind KH, he's just a grumpy old bear
    hahahaha:D:D thanks.........i really wanna see 'cannibal holcaust' but cant seem to get anywhere were i live!!!!!!

thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

'The Thing' immediately springs to mind. While they weren't the best films, in terms of inducing fear, I really liked The Grudge and The Ring, they creeped me out immensely. Other favorites would be Land of the Dead, the remake of Dawn of the Dead and Pans Labyrinth for it's fantastically disturbing creations.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Enlil_Nick wrote: »
    Day of the Dead (2008)

+1. Not only the best horror ever, the best film ever. Pfft Karl and his art rant, don't mind him crazy-cooke, he doesn't know anything.

And The Thing is crap.

• Advertisement

Creature wrote: »
    +1. Not only the best horror ever, the best film ever. Pfft Karl and his art rant, don't mind him crazy-cooke, he doesn't know anything.

And The Thing is crap.

thanks but the thing isnt crap its timeless entertainment:eek:.......i did like dawn of the dead though!!!!!!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

+1. Not only the best horror ever, the best film ever.

I can't believe Nick Cannon didn't win an Oscar for his moving performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭niallon

thanks but the thing isnt crap its timeless entertainment:eek:.......i did like dawn of the dead though!!!!!!!:eek:

Not up to speed but I reckon someone with an image from the thing in there sig saying that is rightly taking the mick! :D Correct?

What Karl said is right, there is no such thing as "The Best" in anything. There is however, "The Best In Your Opinion" which is the point of this thread.

I'd have to agree with The Thing if it weren't for Halloween, in my opinion the best example of what horror movies are supposed to be: tense, suspense filled, long lasting impact and hugely influential.

Granted, recent slasher output has shown us that it has brough about a bad wave of films in recent years but the blame can't be solely laid on Halloween for this, it can be put on Harvey Weinstein though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

And The Thing is crap.

The Thing is crap and Day of the Dead 08 is the best film ever?????
    :rolleyes:

As for the best horror movie.Tough to call.Some of my personal faves are

Cannibal Holocaust
    Original Trilogy of the Dead(the remakes are horse crap)
    August Underground
    The New York Ripper
    Zombie Flesh Eaters
    Ringu
    Suspiria
    Murder Set Pieces

Advertisement