Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holidays In Gran Canaria!!!!!!

Options
  • 09-06-2008 7:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

:pac::pac::pac: me and about 12 of my friends goin to playa del ingles for a mad holiday.....any things to go to or things to avoid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 tdp-carol

You'll have a brilliant time - loads of pubs, clubs, sun and beach.

The jeep safari is good fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 crazy-cooke

tdp-carol wrote: »
    You'll have a brilliant time - loads of pubs, clubs, sun and beach.

The jeep safari is good fun.

cool........lots of cheap drink i hear and the food isnt bad!!!!
    its really hot and we ave no air conditioning in our appartmentS!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Watch out for the pickpokets and also when in a disco or nightclub, dont leave your handbags unattended on the dance floor or anywere as when we were there 3 years ago , sad to say a lot of people reported bags with passports ,cash ,credit cards going missing . The bouncers it seems turn a blind eye and local police seemed unintrested just telling people to fill out a form ( usual procedure ) .Enjoy yourself but just have one person looking after bags and stuff when out dancing on the floor and partying .

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭mrs moneypenny

latchyo's absolutely right crazy-cooke. the local police there are uninterested in holiday-maker's if they are unfortunately to get into some sort of trouble. remeber to watch your drinks. also, you could do some research here you may also find that you and your friends will be able to hire a fan for your apartment. have a fab and safe holiday and let us know how it went.

mrs mp:)

latchyo's absolutely right crazy-cooke. the local police there are uninterested in holiday-maker's if they are unfortunately to get into some sort of trouble. remeber to watch your drinks. also, you could do some research here you may also find that you and your friends will be able to hire a fan for your apartment. have a fab and safe holiday and let us know how it went.

mrs mp:)

thanks a million!!!!! it sould be class....i heard about the pick pockets and i'll make sure to tell ye how it went!!!!!!!!

Thanks again:D:D:D

• Advertisement

latchyco wrote: »
    Watch out for the pickpokets and also when in a disco or nightclub, dont leave your handbags unattended on the dance floor or anywere as when we were there 3 years ago , sad to say a lot of people reported bags with passports ,cash ,credit cards going missing . The bouncers it seems turn a blind eye and local police seemed unintrested just telling people to fill out a form ( usual procedure ) .Enjoy yourself but just have one person looking after bags and stuff when out dancing on the floor and partying .

jesus!!!! i will i'll just carry around cash and hide sum cash back at my apartment wit my banklink card!!!!

jesus!!!! i will i'll just carry around cash and hide sum cash back at my apartment wit my banklink card!!!!

Yeah, no it sounds a bit alarmist and it's not ment to be but better to be safe than sorry .Most important thing to do when going anywere on holiday ,never carry all you cash around at once .

Some apartments have safety boxs and bum /money bag comes in handy .

Yeah, no it sounds a bit alarmist and it's not ment to be but better to be safe than sorry .Most important thing to do when going anywere on holiday ,never carry all you cash around at once .

Some apartments have safety boxs and bum /money bag comes in handy .

ya i will so.............how much would u spend on drinks over der....food expensive????

ya i will so.............how much would u spend on drinks over der....food expensive????

It was quite Cheap compared to other hot spots we have being to and the thing is , no two pubs cafes and restraunts seem to charge same price.You can also haggle for clothes and stuff although the eger owners will do enough of that for you . but since the euro is stronger then the pound you might think it would be cheaper but not sure if it has the oppisite effect now as a lot of hoilday destinations (like everywere ) have upped their prices on everything . Beer in supermarkests is quite cheap .You might pay about 5 .50 euro for a 4 pack of beer there so stock up for before and after you go out .

Food price is also reasonable in supermarkets and also while eating out .

enjoy your holiday

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭mrs moneypenny

cooke, budget for the same sort of prices as in ireland. ok the local drinks are cheaper to buy in supermarkets but for a night out, prepare to spend what you would in ireland:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Just drink in the apartment before you go out. What apartments are you staying in? Stay in some of the 'Green' apartments if you can across from the Irish centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 tdp-carol

Oh yes, I had forgotten about the lack of air conditioning! I don't remember that being too much of a problem though. The walk along the prom is really great. Also walking along the dunes (like the Sahara Desert) to Maspalomas is really good.

Also, absolutely loads of places to go for a night out.

If you feel like going on a day trip, go to Teror - it's brilliant. It's a traditional old Canarian town, with old houses you can look round.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

nah the lack of air conditioning isnt a problemover there, be wary of the black women who come up to you and go to shake your hand they will snap and bracelet on you and say your cursed unless you pay them so much and also the black sales men that go around trying to sell watches and sunglasses, be firm but polite in saying no or they'll hassle you forever.

make sure to head to scandic, great bar and the pub crawls from there are brilliant also do the foam party great craic, the irish centre is great craic too

ya..........we'll probably play poker in the apartment till about 1 in the morning then head out!!!!! we are staying in the 'AGEATE apartments'!!!! its really close to the kasbah centre, across da road is the irish centre, and a 10min walk to the beach!!!!!!!It's costing us 680€ for two weeks!!!!!! but i think dats ok cuz we are in the middle of everything!!!!CANT WAIT!!!!

Sure i dont need to tell you but avoid at ALL cost the timeshare touts .He /she will aproach you with ' hi were you from ? Oh Dublin/cork/limerick/liverpool and give you some speil about the time he spent there blah blah ....then give you a free scrathcard which tells you you have won a free prize .You havent, it's just an excuse to get your credit card details and surprisingly some people actually go along thinking they are signing up for cheap holidays in various holiday spots around the world only to find on CC statements they are thousends of euros/pounds out of pocket .

Sure i dont need to tell you but avoid at ALL cost the timeshare touts .He /she will aproach you with ' hi were you from ? Oh Dublin/cork/limerick/liverpool and give you some speil about the time he spent there blah blah ....then give you a free scrathcard which tells you you have won a free prize .You havent, it's just an excuse to get your credit card details and surprisingly some people actually go along thinking they are signing up for cheap holidays in various holiday spots around the world only to find on CC statements they are thousends of euros/pounds out of pocket .

ya jesus!!!!!!! my parents actually, before i was born, nearly fell for some scam like dat years ago!!!! thankfully they didnt go along wit it.....

Advertisement