Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soren Konggaard Wins Sunday Million

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

sick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

who cares imo

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

who cares imo

This comment actually caused me to spit coffee all over my laptop. WP sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Never heard of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

zuutroy wrote: »
    Never heard of him.

srsly?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 irish in oz

who cares imo

Never thought it would be possible to cram sooo much condescension into such a short sentence...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

srsly?

Yes, but I'm not v. well up on the donkament scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

soren is a class act.. go to pokertube and watch the play from the monte carlo ept last year.. he played very well

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

ah but u see this happened to him b4 in oct last year

Dane loses connection and $75,000 at Full Tilt

Soren Kongsgaard lost his Internet connection at the worst possible time.
    By Erik Sylven

Danish poker star Soren Kongsgaard was heads-up in Sunday's $1 million guaranteed tournament at Full Tilt Poker when he lost his Internet connection.

Kongsgaard was playing from his residence in Barcelona when he experienced every online poker player's nightmare. More than $75,000 was at stake when the game suddenly froze.

"I wasn't able to get my connection back, and since I only had around 50 times the big blind and the antes were high, it didn't take long before I had lost my chips," Kongsgaard told Pokernyhederne.com.

"That's just the way it is, there is nothing you can do about it. But I guess the player on the other side was happy about it."

That lucky player was BluffMagCV who won the Full Tilt Poker $1 million guaranteed and $197,984. Kongsgaard had to settle for second place and $121,588.

There is, of course, no way of knowing if Kongsgaard actually would have won if he had been able to play on, but he has been doing well in tournaments the last year.

He won the Scandinavian Open in Copenhagen in January, finished third in the European Poker Tour (EPT) Grand Final in Monte Carlo in March, and became Danish champion of poker in September when he won the Danish No-Limit Hold'em championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

ah but u see this happened to him b4 in oct last year

Dane loses connection and $75,000 at Full Tilt

Soren Kongsgaard lost his Internet connection at the worst possible time.
    By Erik Sylven

Danish poker star Soren Kongsgaard was heads-up in Sunday's $1 million guaranteed tournament at Full Tilt Poker when he lost his Internet connection.

Kongsgaard was playing from his residence in Barcelona when he experienced every online poker player's nightmare. More than $75,000 was at stake when the game suddenly froze.

"I wasn't able to get my connection back, and since I only had around 50 times the big blind and the antes were high, it didn't take long before I had lost my chips," Kongsgaard told Pokernyhederne.com.

"That's just the way it is, there is nothing you can do about it. But I guess the player on the other side was happy about it."

That lucky player was BluffMagCV who won the Full Tilt Poker $1 million guaranteed and $197,984. Kongsgaard had to settle for second place and $121,588.

There is, of course, no way of knowing if Kongsgaard actually would have won if he had been able to play on, but he has been doing well in tournaments the last year.

He won the Scandinavian Open in Copenhagen in January, finished third in the European Poker Tour (EPT) Grand Final in Monte Carlo in March, and became Danish champion of poker in September when he won the Danish No-Limit Hold'em championship.

of course he was awarded fiurst place in this tournament when it was discovered that BluffMagCV was actually an account that Mizzi had bought out midway through the event.
    He played the IO this year didn't he? or am i mistaken with that delightfully dressed young gent Knut Rystadd.

he comes to Dublin for any event worth travelling to. he was 2nd in a side event at the IPC last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Flipper

he comes to Dublin for any event worth travelling to.
    shameless. IMO :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

never heard of him, seems like he might be pretty good though, or at least a huge luckbox

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

I played the Danish Championships and altho I did'nt cash :( I did rail Soren for a bit and he's pretty dang good. Practically ran over the final table.

never heard of him, seems like he might be pretty good though, or at least a huge luckbox

its worth checking out poker tube and watching last seasons ept grand final, its some of the best poker tv out there.

he got sick coolered at one point when 4 handed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭The C Kid

Poor mans Jamie Gold.

Advertisement