Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interested in forming a band perhaps?

Options
  • 09-06-2008 4:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Hello,

I'm a 26 year old lead singer/rhythm guitarist/songwriter and i'm interested in meeting some like minded musicians with a view to starting a band....

Influences would include Beatles, Nirvana, Wilt, Weezer, Arctic Monkeys, Supergrass, Muse, Turn and also songwriters like Dylan, Drake, Bright Eyes, Stephen Fretwell, Bowie....

I like anything that has killer melodies, tight harmonies and clever lyrics.
    I like the harmony of male and female voices.
    I like good guitar riffs that aren't overblown - I appreciate fret-w*nking but it's not for this band.
    I like stuff that's catchy, snappy with a strong beat that people could perhaps dance to of an evening.

I've played in a band for 6/7 years that's recently disbanded due to other commitments like pesky work and stuff. So I'm not sure how one goes about forming a new band but I'm gonna post some of the stuff I wrote with the old band and if you like it, drop me a line, tell me who are, what you like and maybe we'll meet up for an auld jam....

I'm interested in meeting guitartists/drummers/bassists(of course), pianists, brass players, synth players ah sure let's open it up to the whole orchestra;-)

Here's the old stuff on myspace;

myspace.com/waifrock

Paddy McKenna

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭bluevoice

Hiya - I'm a singer - where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Yeah where you based? Play guitar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 waifster59

I'm based in Drumcondra, Dublin....
    Anyone interested in the idea, drop me old PM and tell me what your about,,,,

Thanks ladies and gents.

paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Drumholio

Hey Paddy sent you a PM last week, what's the story??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 CAERWYN

Too bad you're up in Dublin, as we have something going in Clare/ Limerick - pretty eclectic and varied in style from Grunge through to funk, house, ragga...though the style is completely secondary to the aesthetic.We work as a three-piece but have an eye out for an intelligent singer/guitarist who can interpret existing material, do dual harmonies and generally throw his/her lot into the melting pot.
    waifster59 wrote: »
    Hello,

I'm a 26 year old lead singer/rhythm guitarist/songwriter and i'm interested in meeting some like minded musicians with a view to starting a band....

Influences would include Beatles, Nirvana, Wilt, Weezer, Arctic Monkeys, Supergrass, Muse, Turn and also songwriters like Dylan, Drake, Bright Eyes, Stephen Fretwell, Bowie....

I like anything that has killer melodies, tight harmonies and clever lyrics.
    I like the harmony of male and female voices.
    I like good guitar riffs that aren't overblown - I appreciate fret-w*nking but it's not for this band.
    I like stuff that's catchy, snappy with a strong beat that people could perhaps dance to of an evening.

I've played in a band for 6/7 years that's recently disbanded due to other commitments like pesky work and stuff. So I'm not sure how one goes about forming a new band but I'm gonna post some of the stuff I wrote with the old band and if you like it, drop me a line, tell me who are, what you like and maybe we'll meet up for an auld jam....

I'm interested in meeting guitartists/drummers/bassists(of course), pianists, brass players, synth players ah sure let's open it up to the whole orchestra;-)

Here's the old stuff on myspace;

myspace.com/waifrock

Paddy McKenna

• Advertisement
Advertisement