Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

avr. time for deposit refund

Options
  • 09-06-2008 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

Hi guys

last month i went for viewing of new apartments. It was nice and price were reduced by developer. I gave a cheque of €3000 at that moment (damn impulse!!) and after coming home I decided not to go ahead. Now it's been exactly 3 weeks when i informed my intensions of not going for deal and same day EA replied, i will get my deposit.

But When? What is like average time?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

Should be straight away! Did you pay the EA or the developer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭snellers

after sale fell through (sellers fault not mine) I had to chase up the estate agent three times before getting the cheque back (all types of excuses like 'boss away and only one who can sign off cheques...etc....etc'

I ended up demanding a day I could come and collect the cheque in person or else I would pursue this matter further with whatever bodies supposedly govern them - only then did I get my cheque.

It's not like they were saying no to me but just finding reasons not to give it back.....I guess they would prefer the cash in their account gaining interest rather than mine!

I would say pursue them and don;t take any crap - offer to collect in person at an agreed day - as it sounds like you a buying from a new development - threaten to contact the local newspaper if you don;t get it back asap - they wont want bad publicity if trying to shift properties in a dying market

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Go to their office and ask nicely for your money.
    Then refuse to leave until they they hand it over

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭confuzed

yes, it is new developement and i handed over money to EA. Thanks folks, now i know i would have to deal with them:(

Advertisement