Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a laptop

Options
  • 09-06-2008 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭

I have a giant xps yoke already which I used for 3d graphics and the likes but I am going to do a college course and will only require word and excel so I'm not going to lug around the beast.
    So whats out there in the light category thats worth looking at?
    Can't stand Vista so will be either staying with XP or moving to OSX or Linux if the hardware requires. Don't give a flying **** about style.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ant043

go with a macbook and osx and you won't regret it. but try to use one before buying it maybe from a friend.

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

ASUS do small laptops. Check the massive thread below this on for details. Although they are pretty small and thus make it hard to type quickly with out hitting all the keys. Or so I hear.

The Acer Aspire One is due for release next month I think.
    http://www.acer.com/aspireone/vision.html
    Looks nice, small, light (i assume) and quite powerful for browsing, word, excel etc.
    They plan not to be too expensive, but rest assured, when they make it accross the pond they'll cost a bundle.

There's another one out soon or recently but I cant remember the name, im sure someone here will remember it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Is OSX much different from system 7 (the last time I used a mac).
    Anywhere I could check out one of the Asus machines?
    Everyone on the thread seems to have bought theirs online.

Advertisement