Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is Microsoft Word Dictionary

Options
  • 09-06-2008 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

Can anyone please please tell me where the Microsoft Word Dictionary is located. I am not looking for the custom one - have that - but the main one.

You help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Locate the custom dictionary on your hard disk.

To do this, follow these steps:

Start Word.
    On the Tools menu, click Options.
    On the Spelling & Grammar tab,
    Click Custom Dictionaries.
    In the Dictionary list box, click your custom dictionary.
    The path to your custom dictionary is displayed under the Dictionary list box designated by the text Full path.

Make a note of the location of the custom dictionary.
    Click Cancel,
    Then click Close.
    Quit Microsoft Word.

Or you can make sure that your search criteria is set to search in system & hidden files & then do a search for "Custom.dic"

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

I don't actually know the answer to this but I just wanted to point out that there is actually something in reading the OP.

Advertisement