Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stained Oak Table

Options
  • 09-06-2008 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi all, I bought a nice untreated oak table in Woodies about 2 years ago and since then bits of butter and various greases/oil have tarnished the surface. Is there anyway of removing them and preventing such a build up in the future?

Thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

You could try giving it a good scrub down, and then a sanding. Then oil it with a few coats of Danish oil to give a hardwearing finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Broche07

would the Danish Oil give it a darker finish or a varnished look at all, the reason I ask is because the chairs are the same but unstained (if u know what I mean). Therefore if I do the table I'll have to do the chairs and that could be a lot of work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

it would definately give a slightly different look to the wood. Try it on the underside of the table first. It's very easy to apply, you just use a cloth.

Advertisement