Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters

Options
  • 09-06-2008 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I've applied for a masters in Financial Econmics, but my degree is irrelevant, (B.A in English and Sociology) - but i hold a Hdip in Business and Financial information Systems 2H1, as well I have completed 8 out of 14 CIMA examinations, and have a year andd a half work experience as a Treasury Analyst.

Just wondering would anyone know my chances of getting this masters based on my postgrad, work experience, and being part qual accountant?? Or is a masters generally for 2h1 degree holders?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

I think you'd have a good case convincing them of your suitability. Bear in mind that your CIMA qualification when finished would be equivalent to a masters.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 EmilioB

Thanks for the reply. Yes i'm aware of CIMa being equivalent to a masters but it's hard to do it while working. Suppose just want to do a full-time one year course as opposed to a few years tackling CIMA. I would continue with CIMA after but maybe go at my own pace.
    Thanks

Advertisement