Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Testing Help Needed for New Online Wedding Album ...

Options
  • 09-06-2008 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

My name is Dara Burke. I'm launching a web business at the moment called AlbumShopper.com and I'm hoping to get some early feedback from as wide a range of people as possible.

I'm just adding the finishing touches to the site as we speak. It's an online album site. The first product to launch is the wedding album.

I'd really appreciate any comments or feedback that you might have for me at this early stage. If anyone is interested in testing the full application, pls email me and I'll give you login details, as well as put your name in for a chance to win a free album.

Thanks for your time and all the best,

Dara .... Info AT AlbumShopper.com

AlbumShopper.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭dewsbury

Dara,

you original post look a little lonely & lost with no responses.

I will test & give you feedback if you want??

What next?

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭TheWaterboy

Hi Dara,

Some items off hand:

Why is pricing in dollars.

You have no contact details or physical address. People need to trust your business before paying you money and wont do so without a physical address.

There are no alt or title tags on any of the links.

I would put the privacy policy in its own page - not really suitable for terms & conditions

To be honest I cant see many people paying 60 dollars when there are so many free image hosting websites out there....but best of look with it

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Tara4

Hi Waterboy,

Thanks.

The system is run off a GeoIP basis. If you saw the price in dollars it's either because A) we haven't updated the GeoIP module in a while or B) somehow your IP address is being terminated in the US C) just general GeoIP error ( it's only 99% accurate ).

I'm working on an about us branding page. It'll definitely go up with site launch. Thanks.

Not too pushed about alt and title tags at the moment. But thanks for noticing. i'll get around to it.

I don't think there's any albums out there with a fraction of the functionality that this one has ... own domain name, turbo uploader, processing pics ( aka photoshopper ), music upload, color change, guestbook etc...

Although I do see your point. We'll be aiming towards the gift market especially. It makes an easy and convenient gift that you can pay for and print off in your own home. After that we'll be looking to market it to photographers.

I do agree with you though. Many people would choose a free online album rather than buy something like this for their own wedding ...

Dara

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭giddyup

Stronger branding on homepage. Logo top-left is not jumping out at me. Drop the 24/7 references. Don't think anyone expects a website to close at 5 so this looks redundant - para is fine just head it with something else.

Good luck with it.

Advertisement