Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adopting a dog?

Options
  • 09-06-2008 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,758 ✭✭✭✭

Our lab died a year ago, and im on the look out for a dog for my parents, around the 1yr old mark. i dont think a puppy would suit as there wont be someone in the house all the time but we have a big garden and they are wonderful owners.

Ideally id like a lab or a cocker spaniel where are the best sites to keep an eye for abandoned/resuced dogs as id prefer to give one of these a home if i could

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

www.dogindistress.org save a dog and get a great pet..become a member to see all the dogs listed in urgent action needed.. :) best of luck, let us know..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

If your parents have a secure garden, I'd thoroughly recommend a retired greyhound! They make great, loyal, quiet pets who only need about 30 mins walking a day. they're clean, affectionate and intelligent .... and make great family pets!

There are loads of them in shelters around the country - have a look at the greyhound section on www.paws.ie ! (there is a 'Greyhounds looking for homes' link at the bottom!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

congratulations for considering a rescue dog! :D
    some goods sites are.....
    www.irishanimals.com
    http://petsireland.invisionzone.com
    www.cottagerescue.ie
    www.egar.org
    www.puppyrescue.ie
    www.ash.ie
    http://www.ashanimalrescue.com/

also, if you are getting a dog such as a young lab type, make sure you have at least an hour a day spare for exersize as they are very energetic, working dogs and need as much exersize as possible. good luck! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭clofty

Did you see Sam the Lab in the "good homes wanted" thread. He looks like a dote and his owners are urgently trying to re-home him.

Maybe??

Advertisement