Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Éigse Art Festival

Options
  • 09-06-2008 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭

Did anyone venture in to it?

We had a look yesterday - too far out there for us especially in the IT
    beautiful & reasonably priced work in the Parish Centre beside St Patricks, the Crafts in St Patricks College and a very nice Fine art collection hidden at the Royal Hotel Carpark

Carlow IT exhibit was another story.

A stuffed rabbit hanging by a pink ribbon had a price tag of 780 - it was disgusting
    Scattered seashells painted on the ground was 4000 and a we had a right laugh at a Chair covered with masking tape positioned on white paper with Blue poster paint like circles

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭patrickc

it's not my thing personally, but heres a link to the programme for the week for anyone that might be interested

http://www.eigsecarlow.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Its weird, Ive never got into the Eigse festival. Its good to see something like this in the county but I seldom find any of the events appealling.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,749 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Wasn't there supposed to be a strong influence on music traditional music this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 5803emma

lads what in the name of God does Eigse mean??? :confused: i cant find it anywhere!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Learning, Poetry, Literature, Science

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Yup it's basically stands for "learned".

Which is why the festival is about all the above that testicle said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

they arent great in representing music in eigse (i thought eigse meant 'festival') - basically if you can call youself an artist, sculptor or indeed if you can make pottery there always seems to be room, but not much time for music. which is unfortunate.

Advertisement