Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Verbatim Photo Printable & Epson RX560 incompatible?!?!

Options
  • 08-06-2008 11:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hi, everyone.

I have a situation here which I can't find the explanation for!

I'm using Epson - Stylus Photo RX560 for printing on Verbatim 16x DVD+R 4,7GB Photo Printable and the thing is - the ink won't dry on them, I mean I have some discs that I printed on more than 2 weeks ago and they still smear :(
    I use only genuine Epson cartridges and when I printed on these cheap Mirror Discs the result was perfect - the image wouldn't smear straight out of the printer :shock:

I used to have Epson R800 and used it on the same Verbatims, and it was perfect - dry straight out.
    But, the thing is that I changed the printer and a new spindle of discs probably at the same time and a few of those from the old spindle that I printed on a new printer are OK, but I'm not sure about that, they could just have been printed with the old R800 (hope it's not too confusing).

So, my question is, could it be the bad spindle of discs or should I look for the problem with the printer, or both? :(

Thanks a lot in advance for any advice or suggestion.

P.S.

On any other media (photo paper, regular paper etc. and even those cheap Mirror discs) the printer prints perfectly!

Advertisement