Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any body have idea what to study for relgion??

Options
  • 08-06-2008 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

what are the main things to do for religion?? i hate this subject:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

sorry. I've no idea. We have 1 class of religion a week but no one takes it as an exam subject. We don't learn anything about other religions or our own for that matter! Its just a doss class for us, as is sphe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭lolipops

im just going to revise all of judaism, its in nearly every second subject so i think thats the most important thing to study ^_^

i even made a girlfriend spoof to remember stuff!

hey hey jew jew i dont like your kippah!
    no way no way you should read the seffer torah
    lol and it goes down hill from there..
    as you can see i have a LOT of spare time on my hands lol

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

scab we dont do RE but our second years do!!!!!!!lucky for us i guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

Dont do RE as a exam subject... and maybe . dont study it and put your mind to something more useful?

must be the only two schools in ireland who actually do religion as an exam subject

i feel special :)
    lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭conormurphy

Section A, Section B and 1 of Section C,D,E

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 vale

I have the misfortune of doing it too :(

Learn about Parables,Miracles the Liturgical Year, Sacred Places and Symblos/Rituals/Signs as well as Islam and Judaism and you should get a B.

The subject is sooooo big!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 cork 111

yeah its pointless subject! yer all so lucky ye dont ave to do it! i wont be doin it for leavin cert thank god:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 sheeez

make sure u know a world religion well cause thats the essay questions answered!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭conormurphy

Religion is the same as CSPE, there isnt anything ya can learn except the essay which is probably easy anyway. If you do what the guy above me said and you got the 20% on your exam, then your set...

Religion is simple, I'm definitely keepin it, easy points and a trip to London.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 BallerinaBabe

Our school does it too... ew.

eh ecumenism, sectarianism and interfaith dialogue always come up..
    as does a moral decision and a point of intersection between science and religion..

ya can bullsh1t mush of it though.. no worries:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭hurler007

ive done no study im just gonna learn comm of faith rely good and dat shud cover me for the essay. i did the same 4 d pre and got 80%. good luck anyways.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭TransititionMan

Got an A in the pres and im plannign on doing the same again.
    Section 1 is easy guarenteed 100 percent there and just use your common sense to stay with the questionsthat dont require much thinking.
    Plus ive 20 or 30 percent in the bag already from the project =]
    I'm planning on getting 5 A's in the JC
    1CSPE
    2Religion
    3Geography
    4Business Studies
    5Science

Cat really hope for anymore from my subjects I done crap in Woodwork and Metalwork practicals as im pure lazy and will not go out of my way to do any of that crap really sticking with theory subjects for 5th tears anyways :P after transitition year :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 aingel

i love religion. am deffo keeping it on. am my teacher said that something on law and morality will more than likely come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭--SmItHy--

emm a community of faith(saint vincent de paul) or parables, a world religion(islam is the one wih most info)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 oponodon

Aww, i hate religion, its really unnesessarily hard. I'd say tho you should learn about gandhi, or jean donaven, or mother teresa. you usually get a Q that you can write about one of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 maria18593

i am so screwed for religion!
    i think its the only subject im actually going 2 fail!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭seamus-2k7

Iam not bothered bout religion as a subject, you dpnt even need it to be a priest!

not that i want to be one of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 oisin238

i have to do religion to :(:( i really hate it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 winner92

I hate religion its so boring but yet again we're forced to do it! Anyone know a timing scheme for it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 maria18593

winner92 wrote: »
    I hate religion its so boring but yet again we're forced to do it! Anyone know a timing scheme for it?

answer as much as you can ,then leave....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 UpYeBoyo

I do religion as an exam subject....i could not give a crap what I get in it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 winner92

That exam was so boring and so pointless I dont think i've ever written so much bullsh!t before in two hours!!!!!

hmmm... Seems everyone hates religion... What if you just didn't do the exam. Yep i said it. Just don't go in. Don't sit it? Will it come up in your results?

Religion... Blank.

I doubt it would even appear, considering your exam number was never present on any exam. If that was the case, thats what i would do!
    But i have been known to come up with some insane ideas! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭woodzyx

2 hours of actual hand crippling crap, that was such a horrible exam!!!

woodzyx wrote: »
    2 hours of actual hand crippling crap, that was such a horrible exam!!!

Lol! Too late to not go in so! I didn't realise it was today!

Posted via Mobile Device

:eek:

What was that?
    I went into relgion fairly confident i'd do okay, i got an 78% in the mocks, and im pretty sure i failed relgion.. that was impossible.. all that meaning of life stuff have me a headache and i had to write the long question at the end in 5 minutes and the examiner screamed at me because i wrote for an extra 5 seconds :(.
    Well in all fairness im not going to be a nun when im older but my favourite teacher is my religion teacher, he is such a ledgend.. now i kinda feel like i have let him down.
    Especially since i used to always get Bs and a couple of As in his class..

Advertisement