Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shops in Dublin who sell HI-end audio systems

Options
  • 08-06-2008 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭

Hi
    DOes anyone know of shops in DUblin who sell A/V receivers and Speakers?
    I want to compare the sounds before committing to buy one
    so any good shops with more options?

I know peats do it..any others there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭TheAmateur

Pretty sure Alliance Electric on George's Street do them too, and I'd say Musicmaker would have em as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭viperirl

Cloney Audio out in Blackrock are probably the only real high end shop in Ireland. For AV receivers they do the likes of Arcam, Yamaha and Primare up to some serious 'separates' gear from the likes of Krell, Mark Levinson etc.

I've dealt with them a good few times and I've always found them very accommodating when it comes to lending out gear for home demoing. Your room acoustics are so important. What sounds good in a shop might might not be so in your own living room so its a good idea to try the stuff out at home before you part with any of your cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Cloney Audio are good, but v.pricey.

I'm currently in the market for an Arcam Alpha Solo Movie.

Priced it at €3,200 in Cloney's. Rang Lyric in Belfast and they quoted me a price of £2,000 STG, so I'll be heading up there in August and saving myself €800.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Not €800, €689
    I'm sure you can beat Cloneys down by €689

They are not going to appreciate €2600 walking out the door.
    Especially in this financial climate.
    Try it;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Not €800, €689
    I'm sure you can beat Cloneys down by €689

They are not going to appreciate €2600 walking out the door.
    Especially in this financial climate.
    Try it;)
    Well, I could if I was arsed. While I'll be picking up the Arcam, I booked a weekend break for myself and the missus in Belfast with the savings and will still have about €400 left over.

While Cloney are nice guys to deal with, they are still taking the mick with their prices. Myself and my money will still be heading Northward to Lyric Hi-Fi.

• Advertisement
Advertisement