Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eBusiness Grad

Options
  • 08-06-2008 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭

Hi all,

Its been a long time since I have posted on Boards but still lurk :).

Anyways I graduated with a BBS(Hons) eBusiness in 2007. I took the Summer and Autumn off and got a job (not a grad job) with KPMG at the start of the year. My contract will be expiring at the end of August. I doubt it will be extended as the project is expected to be finished at that time. I enjoy it but the money isn't great :(

Anyways I'm on the look out for a new job but I really have no idea what Id like to do. What I'm looking for really for is some sort of internship or placement abroad (International experience will be good on my CV and I like the idea of viewing the world). I have looked at some of the big university career's sites and found some resources that are helpful but the applications procedures for some are soo drawn out :mad:

I suppose what I'm here for is looking for some advice from other boardsies. I'd really like some 2-3 months placements/internships doing various tasks related to my degree (eBusiness) before I actually decide how I'd like to career to progress.

I have a passion for web development and technology so that would be my desired goal but would also like to experience finance and being an analyst or teaching IT/Business.

Hope this post makes sense :)

Long term I would like to become a Lecturer/Educationalist in web development/design but I am more concerned about the short term at this moment in time.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

A graduate programme would be v.good for you I think. Like accenture or something. They have project based work, travel and they like people with experience. I think once you're less than a year graduated you're still considered a "graduate".

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭nellyshark

Jesjes wrote: »
    A graduate programme would be v.good for you I think. Like accenture or something. They have project based work, travel and they like people with experience. I think once you're less than a year graduated you're still considered a "graduate".
    Cool for the suggestion.

I have looked at Accenture before and the only programmes I can see are for Malaysia. I was looking through it quickly so if there is some other programmes can you let me know or post a link please :)

What to do, What to do :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Government schemes also exist either through the EU or Ireland. Take a look around, I think one is called the leonardo da vinchi program

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Oh yeah, EU lisbon stuff.

IF you Google Accenture, go to their Graduate programme, they train you in the US for a week or two, and a lot of their work is based in the UK and Europe afaik. They're just an example of whats out their though, ya gotta do your research.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement