Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What if... Irish Paper 1

Options
  • 08-06-2008 4:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

What happens if you don't understand the titles for the aiste? Like supposing there's a word that you just don't have a clue what it means? Should you just forge ahead with what you think the title might relate to or what?

Have been studying for the aiste all day and have just come up with this possibility and am now sh*tting it for tomorrow

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭luke999

Dont worry about it dude, i was like that for maths. U will understand them i promise u, and know the diospoireacht in case the title u want comes up in that. And even if u dont know the title and u write ur own thing arent most of the marks going for grammer and vocab and such more than structure? Dont worry bout it, and ur probably sick of hearing this but... do ur best!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭louis626

Well to be honest u cant exactly just whip out a dictionary so u'll have to try the one u understand best. Seriously though the chances of this happening are very slim :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

Maybe the word you don't understand is somewhere in the comprehensions?

So DO the comprehensions 1st, you never know!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭cul-2008

luke999 wrote: »
    arent most of the marks going for grammer and vocab and such more than structure?!

80% of the marks i believe! so my advice would be to just forge ahead with what you have learned off, and adapt it in any way you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭boobookitty

80% - Grammar etc
    20% - Subject.

So, if its the health system and you don't know that much, you can still get a lot of marks mentioning health problems, government etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

woo:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭tasha1

This Is Going To Happen Me In French..

I Can Just Feel It..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭boobookitty

Our teacher says it goes the same for stuff like an Triail. 30 marks for irish (grammar, quotes, good phrasing), 10 for subject (e.g characters/theme).

At least I think it does. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Katerrrs

Our teacher says it goes the same for stuff like an Triail. 30 marks for irish (grammar, quotes, good phrasing), 10 for subject (e.g characters/theme).

At least I think it does. :P

No, hardly any of the marks on paper 2 go for grammar etc, the focus is on your knowledge of the texts, in a 30 mark question on paper 2, only 5 of the marks go for grammar and phrasing etc

And as far as i know, if your essay doesn't actually relate to the title given, you're immediately marked out of 50 instead of 100...so my teacher says anyway! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Knuffel

Katerrrs wrote: »

And as far as i know, if your essay doesn't actually relate to the title given, you're immediately marked out of 50 instead of 100...so my teacher says anyway! :eek:

Oh..... sh*tters

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

No, hardly any of the marks on paper 2 go for grammar etc, the focus is on your knowledge of the texts, in a 30 mark question on paper 2, only 5 of the marks go for grammar and phrasing etc
    Thank jesus. I had a heart attack there above... we were always told grammar isn't a big deal for paper 2, so you can still do well in Irish without actually being fluent. (Hurray!)
    Aye we were told that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭JC06

If the health system doesn't come up I'm really going to cry!:(

Advertisement