Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to start an all girl band

Options
  • 08-06-2008 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hey,

I'm just looking to start a band in the dublin area, i've been playing drums for a good few yrs, just not so much lately and i really want to get back into it and start playing gigs again etc.. but obviously need others so, if there are any girls out there who play guitar, bass, sing etc..and are serious about it i'd be really interested in hearing from you. smile.gif

Looking forward to replies

Chantelle

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Guitarist-JEM

Hi =]...i play guitar,what kind of music would you be interested in doing?..here's a vid of my guitar playing if you wanna check it out..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhoMxfxmcYs

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ilovesmoothies

Hi so wat kind of music do u play??!!! im a female singer looking to join a band!! actually DYING to join a band?!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 trixiesantry

I am a female singer, have done some recording in the past and would be very interested in joining your band! I live in North Dublin. I have PM'D you my myspace and bebo music pages so you can check me out!
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ch1984

I've played all styles really, last band i was in there were alot of influences so it was really a mixed bag between, rock, jazz, funk, acoustic, folk etc.. i also played in a Samba band for over 2 years before so i really like to play on other percussion too just unfortunately haven't had the opportunity in ages..

It's mostly down to where i'm living now, i doubt the neighbours would appreciate me playing drums, thin walls and all that :)

A practice studio etc.. would be a big issue too, i used to practice in a place in town but you have to pay quite a bit, about €100 a month each..but it's a great place, very central

I have transport so thats okay anyway

So many things to consider ey :)

Looking forward to hearing back again from you guys if you have any ideas or comments :)

Chantelle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Soulwax

Im a singer in south dublin and am really interested in getting into a band. I like a lot of different styles of music. And I have some gigging experience.
    If you would like to contact me you can mail me either thanks!

soulwax92@yahoo.co.uk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ch1984

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 sunny83

I'm singer as well and live in Dublin. I also play a bit guitar and piano. You can hear my voice at: www.myspace.com/withinsunny.
    I would be fine with cover or originals songs, so tell me what you think.

Sunny

Advertisement