Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Inspiron

Options
  • 08-06-2008 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hey Guys

Looking at buying a laptop and was offered this dell second hand for about 500euro. I saw on the website that they're about 650-700 upwards so wondering if this is a good deal or if 500euro is too much for a second hand. here are the specs:

Inspiron 1720 CORE 2 DUO T7250 2.00GHz
    8X DVD+/- RW Drive
    160GB 5400 RPM SATA RAID 1
    English - Vista Home Premium
    128 MB NVIDIA GeForce?8400M GS
    2048MB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM (2x1024)
    Intel 4965WLAN Mini-Card EUR
    90W AC Adapter
    Primary 6-cell 56WHr Li-Ion Battery

thanks for the help

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

If you're getting it for 500 then yes i would say it's a nicely spec'd machine for the money. But, How old is it? why is it being sold? and what condition is it in?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭netvista

it's about 1.5 yrs old condition is good had a look at it the other day and the reason for sale is that he's going travelling for the next yr or so and is looking for some dosh.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I was expecting it to be a lot newer than that tbh, i wouldn't buy a 1.5 year old machine without any warranty for that money. The spec is alright, but it is old. If it was me i'd save another couple of hundred and buy a vostro.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭netvista

thanks AT for the feedback. Wanted to know if it was a worth while deal or not with the specs and age. guess i's back to the drawing board. will go through a few threads to get a some ideas about what to i should be looking for

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Laptop should only be less than a year old as they only launched in summer 2007.
    Considering this it's a good price although I have seen them cheaper for new on Dell a few times..although not with that video card.

• Advertisement
Advertisement