Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommend a watercooler system

Options
  • 08-06-2008 2:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hello

I want to upgrade my CPU fan to a watercooling system

I want something thats not too big

I have the older version XG dragon case made by mge

http://www.mgecompany.com/xg/products_cases_dragon.php

I have never used a watercooler system so bear with me

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

first things first what processor do you have?? and if you know, what socket is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Jayce

I own a Asus A8N SLI So939 and I cant remember the processor itself but its socket 939

okay and do you have 120mm fans in you case?
    what you essentially need is a cpu block, a single rad if you're only cooling your cpu, a reservoir and a pump. After that just a load of tubing and fittings. Do you have any idea of what type of setup your looking? as in do you have any idea of whats available? How much are you looking to spend??

http://www.overclockercafe.com/Reviews/cases/XG_Dragon/1018.htm

heres a pic of a watercooling system on the dragon case

I can fit a 120mm fan but it came with an 80mm one

I want to spend something like 150 euros tops and I am not looking for anything too bulky or somehthing that doesnt sit into the case

honestly I'd say your best bet would be to go for a swiftech compact all in one kit cause they're relatively quiet and good performers. Also if you upgrade or change to intel they can come with. You could go for a custom kit but it might get expensive and if you have no experience with it could get messy. If you want me to spec out what you need for a custom kit I'd gladly do so but for 150 you could go for this or even this
    The second requires whats called a radbox which allows you to mount it externally and the second could handle a good overclock on a quad core. The first can be mounted internally like so
    120cinstall.jpg
    :D

• Advertisement

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=345880

how does this one compare to the one you suggested?

would you say it is possible to fit the resevoir inside the case?

honestly there's no comparison, the swiftech is far superior and in the case of te swiftech the radiator acts as the reservior. There a fillport at the top to fill it through

• Registered Users Posts: 81,893 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Best advice: Dont cheap out on your watercooling system. Its the one piece of kit you do not want failing on you.

I want to get the Swiftech H20-220 Compact but I want to know if I mount it to the outside of the case do I have to leave the side panel open for the tubing?

I do a lot of LAN partys so I dont want my parts exposed

Jayce wrote: »
    I want to get the Swiftech H20-220 Compact but I want to know if I mount it to the outside of the case do I have to leave the side panel open for the tubing?

I do a lot of LAN partys so I dont want my parts exposed

No you won't have you side panels open, all you'll have are a couple of holes the size of the tubing lined with rubber grommets like so
    system-installed.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

egan007 wrote: »

Ololol......

egan007 wrote: »

LOL that will keep me cool but not the PC

Advertisement